7 - Hologram Phone

We return to the mountain after meeting up with the rest of the team. I head back to my room but stop when I see Wally placing the helmet on a shelf in another room.

"This world resembles mine in so many ways"

He jumps slightly at my appearance. "How?"

"For one, all of the superheroes. My earth has its own archer, billionaire, speedster, sorceress. Plus, my father has a hammer that has power, just like that helmet"

"Really? There's a speedster?"

"Was," I mumble, looking down at my feet.

"Sorry," he mumbles. "Hey, do you like magic shows?"

"Not exactly, most of them are full of fake magic, although I can handle them if needed"

"Oh. Do you think Megan would like it?"

"Perhaps, but I don't think she would go with you," I state.

"Why not? Are you jealous?" He asks, inching closer to me. We now stood toe to toe.

"I am not jealous. Have you not heard what you said earlier? You clearly stated you do not believe in magic when she does"

"Oh, right. I'm still gonna ask"

"Do whatever you like"

I walk away, hearing a sigh come from him. I make my way to Peter's room, knocking. I hear a faint 'come in' and enter. Peter was laying on the bed, looking at something projected on the ceiling. I sit next to him on the bed, his eyes don't move from the ceiling.

"I am going to try to make a device to contact the others"

"I thought you could already contact them?"

"I can, but something more permanent where I do not have to wait for the system to power up every time I want to talk to them"

"How are you going to do that?"

"With your help"

"W-why me?" He stutters.

"You created your own web shooters, you should be able to help me make a phone"

He sits up, thinking about it for a minute. "Okay, but I can't promise I'll be much help"

I smile brightly. "Great! Come on, it may take a while," I grab his hand, dragging him out of the room.

I sit in the garage where they had a workbench with tools. I had Batman get me some tools and parts I said I would need. Everything was set around me, ready to be turned into something. Peter stood behind me, watching over my shoulder as I wrote down a plan on a piece of paper.

"Wow, how did you think of that so quickly?"

"Not sure, I based it off of Tony's phone. Now, would you hand me the blowtorch?"

I start making it, asking Peter to hand me things now and then. "Peter, I want you to do this next part. My hands are starting to cramp up, I won't be able to hold them steadily enough"

We switch places, he was now sitting on the stool. I tell him what to do. He slowly connects a wire, making sure it was correctly in place. If it was done wrong this phone could be turned into a bomb, possibly. I lean over his shoulder, watching intently as he did what I told him to do.

"Wait," I tell him, reaching around his body to fix the wires. My hands brushed his slightly, my breath hit his neck, but I didn't notice. "These wires need to be the other way around, if not it will not work as I had planned," I whisper then back away.

Someone clears their throat. I turn my head to see Wally leaning against the door frame crossing his arms. I smile and turn back to see what Peter was doing. I switch places with him once again and finish up. I turn it on and happily jumped off the stool when it works.

"Yes! We were successful!" I turn to look at where Peter was standing but he was no longer there, neither was Wally.

I press my lips in a flat line and look at the phone. I contact Tony and his face appears as a hologram floating above the phone screen.

"Hey Karma, you made that quickly"

"I actually added in a hologram feature, right now you are a head floating above my screen"

"Really? You can do that? When you get back I want one... if I'm not dead by then"

I laugh as I start heading out of the room. "Of course. But you need to stop blaming yourself, I was the one who-" I stop when I pass by a room with two people talking loudly.

I enter the room, it was the one where Wally had put the helmet, to see Wally and Peter about to lunge at each other. They look at me as I enter.

"Well, I guess I'll leave you to it. Have fun!" Tony says and his face disappears.

"Whoa, was that a hologram?" Wally asks.

"Of Mr.Stark?" Peter adds.

"Yeah. You would have known about this if you both stayed a moment longer. What are you two yelling about?"

"Nothing," they both say quickly at the same time. I look at them oddly.

"Nothing? You two looked like you wanted to kill each other"

"N-no, w-we were just..."

"Discussing what to have to eat," Wally finishes for Peter.

"You were prepared to attack each other over food? Why don't you just get both if you cannot decide"

"Actually, t-that's a good idea," Peter says.

"I'll go get the food now," Wally says, quickly leaving the room.

"Would you like to call your parent or guardian? Tell them you are not going to be home?"

"Uh, yeah"

I give him some privacy. He finishes quickly, handing me the phone. Wally got back soon after and we all sit in the kitchen, eating.