4 - Spider-Man

I woke up, feeling something heavy fall on the bed. When I opened my eyes I came face to face with Spider-Man. I squeal, scrambling off of the bed. Wally rushes into my room, looking at me worriedly. He helps me up and I continue staring at the boy in my bed. Wally looked like he was about to attack but I stop him, going back to my spot on the bed beside Peter and trying to wake him.

"What are you doing?" Wally asks in a whisper, trying not to wake the others.

"Trying to wake him"

"Why would you want to do that?" He asks grabbing one of my hands, stopping me from shaking him awake.

"Because he's a friend, not the enemy"

Wally stands at the end of the bed, arms crossed, while I shake Peter awake. No matter what I did he wouldn't wake up. Then I decided to try shocking him. His eyes flew open and I could tell he immediately started to feel pain.

"What was that?" Wally asks me.

"I forgot to mention, I can also manipulate energy. My father is the God of Thunder after all. It must have slipped my mind"

"Carmen?" Peter asks in a scratchy voice, attempting to sit up.

"Peter!" I hug him tightly, making him groan in pain. He slowly wraps his arms around me. "I am so happy to see you, I thought I would never see anyone from my universe again"

"Everyone is really worried, especially Tony. He thinks Thor is going to kill him," he says as I pull away. "But they are all working to get you back. Tony's hoping it'll be before Thor gets back from wherever he is"

"How would they get me back? I'm the one that brought myself here. By accident, of course"

"What? Where even are we"

"A different universe. I created a portal to stop myself from hitting the ground, but I must have opened it up into this universe instead of our New York"

"Then how did I get here? And can you open up another portal for us to get back?"

"Maybe I accidentally opened another portal in my sleep and you probably fell through it. But I had no idea I had this power, so no, I don't know how to control it"

Wally clears his throat, reminding me of his presence. "Oh right. Wally, Peter Parker," I introduce them to each other.

"Well my superhero name is Kid Flash," Wally interjects.

"Spider-Man," Peter says, laying back on the bed.

"Anyway, sorry for waking you Wally," I say, standing up and leading him towards the door.

"Is he gonna need a room?" He asks when he steps outside.

"I think for now I would prefer if we stuck together. You know, I don't want to risk losing one of the people who could potentially help me in getting back home. Plus, if I ended up leaving him in this universe I am sure Tony would be very mad at me"

"If you say so, call for me if you need anything," he told me before walking towards his room.

"I will. Thank you, Wally"

When he reached his room I stopped him.

"I forgot to mention, tomorrow we're going to have to introduce him to the League. They will want to know that there is two of us"

"Alright. I'll mention it to them, if you give me something in return"

"Like what?" I ask.

"How about a date?" He asks in return, suddenly appearing right in front of me.

"I already told you what I thought about going on a date with you"

"You didn't say yes or no though"

"I will think about it"

He smiles brightly before disappearing back to his room. I close my door, leaning against it, and sigh. I didn't know if I was ever going to get back to my universe, I didn't know if it was even possible.

"Why do I hurt everywhere?" Peter groans.

"Must be a side effect, I felt that way too"

I place a hand on his head, attempting to heal him. When I pull my hand away he seemed to be able to move without it hurting. He stands up, taking off his mask. He removes the backpack from his back, which I had only just noticed, and pulls out some clothes.

"What is this place?" He asks as I turn around, giving him privacy so he could change.

"Right now we're in Mount Justice, which is in Happy Harbour, Rhode Island"

"And you said we're in another universe?"

"Yes. But, all the heroes here seem nice enough to help us get back," I respond, turning back to him.

He shrugs on a t-shirt and sits on the bed. I lay down and Peter watches me. I stare back, wondering why he was staring at me.

"Yes?"

"W-where am I gonna sleep?" I pat the bed. "W-what? I-I-I can't..."

"Who knows what will happen if we are separated. It's best if we both stick together for now"

He reluctantly lays down beside me, making sure to keep space between us. I face the wall and close my eyes.

"Goodnight Peter"

"Night"