2 - Young Justice

I woke up to pain coursing through my body. I groan as I slowly regain the ability to move my limbs. It felt like I had been shot with Tony's repulser then slammed into the ground multiple times by the Hulk. It wasn't funny, not as funny as when Hulk slammed Loki, my uncle, repeatedly into the ground while he was trying to take over the Earth. I slowly open my eyes, coming to the conclusion that I was lost.

"Weird, normally I only portal to places I know of. This does not look like New York," I mumble as I struggle to sit up.

"Hey, they landed over there!" I hear someone yelling in the distance.

I push myself to stand but I only end up falling forwards, landing flat on my face. I decided to lay on the ground, waiting for someone to find me. A blur passed by me, the familiar blur of a person with superhuman speed.

"Pietro?" I mutter under my breath in shock and confusion. "That's impossible, he died"

The blur moved closer to me, having noticed I was there. They stop in front of me, revealing a boy my age in a skintight yellow suit. He looked like a superhero. I roll around so I was laying on my back, more people finding their way towards me.

"Who are you?" a boy with a mask covering his eyes asks.

"Karma"

"Karma?" The boy with the speed asks. "Where'd you come up with a name like that?"

"Karma is the destiny or fate following a person's actions," I answer.

"I still don't know why you have a name like that," he mumbles very quietly, but I manage to hear him with my superhuman hearing.

"It's not my real name, it's a nickname, or superhero name"

"But why Karma? What kind of a superhero name is Karma?"

"It's the perfect name actually," the boy with the mask starts to explain. "She gives villains and criminals what they deserve"

"Exactly," I say with a smile, happy someone around here had some intellect.

"Where did you come from?" A green girl asks.

"Well, I was raised on Asgard, but I much prefer Earth. Would you mind telling me where I am now?"

"Earth," the masked boy plainly states.

"But... that makes no sense. Where on Earth am I, exactly?"

"Happy Harbour, Rhode Island"

"Impossible," I try sitting up but the pain only worsens.

"How is it impossible?" A girl with long blonde hair and a bow asks.

"I don't remember any place called that. Unless this is another planet Earth in a different universe? Am I that far away from home?"

"I think she hit her head," the blonde whispers to the green girl.

"I did not hit my head, I'm perfectly fine. But there are multiple universes, meaning it is highly possible for multiple Earths to exist"

"She's got a point," the masked boy says, looking at a mini screen on his wrist. "Kid, bring her to the league, they'll want to hear about this"

"What? I'm not going anywhere with you"

Much to my disapproval the fast boy picks me up and starts running, at full speed. I screech and cling to his neck, burying my face in my arms to block the wind. When he stopped, I removed my arms, looking around to where we arrived. We stood in front of 6 people who all looked very strong and able to take me out with a single punch.

"Where did you bring me?" I whisper.

"The Hall of Justice," he tells me, bringing us closer to the heroes.

"Kid Flash, set her down over there," the man with a bat symbol on his chest says.

I'm set down on a couch, a very comfy couch. I felt like falling asleep right then and there, I was exhausted and sore after what I'd been through. First I fight against my family and then I end up somewhere without a clue. The woman who had a lasso on her hip comes over to me, kneeling beside the couch, trying not to scare me.

"Do you know who I am?" She asks.

"I have no idea who any of you are. Although, you do look like superheroes"

"Do you know your name?"

"Of course, I'm Karma. Although that is more of a nickname. My real name is Carmen Thorsdöttir"

"So that's why you chose Karma," the boy mutters under his breath.

"I already told you the reason why I picked the name. It has nothing to do with the resemblance of my real name. That was only a coincidence," I argue. "Anyway, would you care to explain who you are?"

By the time I asked this the others that had found me walked into the building. I was introduced to them all. There was Batman and his protégé, the masked boy, Robin. The woman was Wonder Woman. Aquaman and his protégé Aqualad. The Flash and Kid Flash, the fast boy. Superman and Superboy. Artemis, the girl with the bow, and Green Arrow. Finally, Miss Martian, the green girl.

"Where did you come from?" Wonder Woman asks.

"Earth"

"And you said this is not your Earth?"

"That is what I believe"

"I think I know what happened," Batman speaks up. I look at him to the best of my ability, not able to move much. "There has been research done into the possibility of a multiverse. It hasn't been disproven"