9 - Sparring

"Tony, have you thought about looking for my father? Unless you want to maybe find a way to contact my uncle"

"I'd prefer to not do either"

"But I won't be able to get back without their aid. It may have been my power but I have no idea how to control it"

"I'll think about it. In the mean time, you keep practicing"

"What about Steve? Have you had any contact with him since I fell through my portal?"

"What's that? Karma, the signal is-" Tony says, making it sound like he was losing signal.

"Goodbye Stark," I sigh.

I hang up the phone, plopping down on the couch in the living room. I was still trying to create the portal but it wouldn't work. I close my eyes, thinking of what I could possibly do to get the portal to work. I could attempt to call my father, although I have no idea how to contact him, same thing goes for Loki. I was on my own in this mess.

"Karma! We're going on a mission, we'll be back soon," Wally says from above me.

"Alright, have fun and do not get yourselves killed"

I feel something soft on my cheek for a second then he speeds off, leaving me shocked at the sudden action, even though it was a simple kiss on the cheek.

I go back to thinking, but I don't get anywhere. I stand up with a sigh and head for the mission room, which also served as a training room. I had changed into a pair of shorts with a sports bra, finding it easier to train when there was less things minimizing your movement.

I press a few buttons on the computer and a hologram pops up on the floor, ready to fight. I get closer to it and get in a fighting stance. I hear someone say 'start', it must've been an A.I or something, and I begin fighting my opponent. Soon one turns into two and eventually I found myself against 10 holographic enemies.

"How?" I hear someone mutter as I take down the last one. They all disappear and I stand up straight, facing the doorway.

"Hey, Peter, was there something you needed?" I ask, wiping some sweat off of my forehead.

"N-no, I w-was just wondering where... everyone went," he stutters.

"They had a mission"

"Oh... ok. I-I didn't know you could fight that well"

"I trained a lot with Natasha and the others, you know, before they turned on each other. Do you know how to fight?"

"Well, sort of," he mumbles.

"Would you like to spar with me?"

He shyly stands in front of me in a fighting stance. The A.I says start and we begin fighting. He throws some punches but I easily dodge them, throwing some punches back at him. He uses his web shooters to bind my hands together, thinking it would allow him to get some hits on me, but I kick him while trying to free my hands. A burst of red comes from my hands and the webs fall off my hands.

"Whoa, that was so cool," he says, distracted.

I pin him to the ground. "You should never just stop fighting. If I was your actual opponent I could have killed you in that moment"

"Right," he mumbles.

I get off of him, helping him up. "Oh, I forgot to mention, Tony said he wanted to talk to you about something"

"Did he say what?"

"No, but I remember him mentioning something about a grant"

"Oh, yeah. I'll go do that now, is that ok?"

"Yeah, you go ahead. I can practice by myself"

He leaves me alone and I start to practice some acrobatics. I flip around the floor, moving expertly, but when I'm about to hit the floor my feet slip. I fall backwards, landing on someone. I quickly get off of them, helping them up.

"You're good at everything, aren't you?" Wally asks, still holding onto my hand.

"I practice anything I will need to know how to do while fighting, it's useful to have these skills if I am ever in danger"

"Do you wanna spar?" He asks.

"Why not"

He begins running around me at full speed, throwing punches. I grab his hand, flipping him over me. He gets up, rapidly throwing more punches at me. I block them as best as I could, shielding my face with my arms, slowly backing up to try and get away. My back hits the wall and I stop getting hit. I remove my arms from in front of my face to see Wally directly in front of me. He was gazing into my eyes.

"You are a pretty strong fighter," I say, trying to get rid of the nervous feeling in my stomach.

"You have beautiful eyes," he compliments.

"T-thank you," I stutter looking away from him.

He guides my face back to his. His hand lingers on my cheek for a second before it goes beside my head, against the wall. His other hand goes to my lower back, pulling my body against his. His lips moved against mine, making me gasp since I was not expecting it and he pulls away.

"How about that date?" He asks.

"I-I'm not sure..." I say quietly, feeling my cheeks get hot.

"Please?"

I sigh, giving into the red heads pleas. "S-sure"

He smiles, then pecks my lips. "Great! How about tomorrow at 12?" I nod and he runs off.