20 - Rock the House

In which you are ferocious.

Sans

I spend the next hour or so in a daze.

She kissed me.

I kissed her back.

She was drunk. It's tradition. It didn't mean anything.

... It meant something to me.

My mouth is still tingling, and every time my attention lapses, my memory brings me a recap of the softness of her lips, the warmth of her breath, the hot sweet feeling that rose up in me, a feeling so swift and sharp it was almost pain. Almost.

I want to kiss her again. God, I've never wanted anything so bad in my life.

She was drunk.

It's tradition.

I feel like I'm suffocating.

I escort Checkers around the house, watching her throw herself into having fun. I wasn't kidding when I said this thing would go on all night, and it looks like Checkers has basically decided to rock the house. Undyne and Alphys spend a lot of time around us. Looks like she made some friends there. I'm glad. ...Though they keep trying to give her more liquor. I've gotta keep my eye on the three of them and switch out the alcohol for water whenever they hand her a glass. I'm starting to add plates of food and cups of coffee into the mix, and it's working pretty well. Checkers is still plastered, but at least she's functional again, thank god. I am not going to take advantage of my drunk friend, but if she doesn't stop flirting with me, I can't guarantee I won't explode.

Tori's got an honest-to-god dance floor set up in one of the living areas, and Checkers keeps going back to it.

She wants me to dance with her.

No way in hell.

"i don't dance," I tell her for the umpteenth time as she tries to drag me towards the dance floor.

"Aww, come on, everybody dances," Checkers says. I notice she's sobering up little by little. That's a relief. Even if it comes with the side effect that she's gotta go to the bathroom every half hour. And also that she's more able to argue with me about this.

"not everyone dances in public," I tell her.

"If you don't come dance with me, I'll just dance around you right here," she says, and backs up to me, leaning backwards into my body and shimmying her hips. That little skirt swings back and forth, and, fuck, I just wanna...

Refusing to finish that thought, I take her by the waist and spin her around to face me. Then I take one of her hands in one of mine, lead her other to the top of my humerus near my shoulder joint, and rest my own hand high on her back, over her shoulder blade. I move her through a few foxtrot steps, which she fumbles with before falling into her rhythm. She obviously doesn't know the dance, but she's a dream to lead, responding to my slight nudges with fluid grace. I drop the dance after a few seconds. I feel like people are staring. Then I turn around and find out I'm right (Undyne and Alphys, in particular, are gawking at us like they're in some kind of bizarre ecstasy) and I feel my face heating up. I turn back to Checkers, wishing I had my comfy old jacket so I could hide in the hood.

"I thought you couldn't dance," Checkers says breathlessly, grinning and wide-eyed.

"i said i don't dance. never said i couldn't." Gotta be honest, now I'm feelin' a little smug.