Chapter Eight

DAY THREE
The next morning, everyone got ready and met at the end of the hall where their rooms were.

"We're taking the monorail today guys!" Armin told everyone once they were all there.

 "Ooooh! I've never been on a monorail before!" Sasha exclaimed.

"It's basically a train." Armin exclaimed, "It should be fun!"

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Marco said enthusiastically.

Everyone, with Marco and Armin leading of course, made their way out of the automatic doors and onto a walk way leading to the Monorail station. Just like the pathway to get into the hotel, there were torches on the poles that burned brightly. The twelve kids noticed that they weren't alone as a few other people who resided at the hotel were waiting for it as well. After a few minutes, the monorail arrived. It was completely white with the exception of a orange stripe streaking horizontally down it. The machine slowed down to a complete stop and the gates that held the guests back opened. A muffled dinging sound was heard from inside as the doors to the monorail automatically opened. The inside was very big and had blue seats that stretched from one end to the other on opposite ends. Two silver poles stood near the middle of the car. These were used for handrails if there weren't enough sitting room. 

    "C'mon Connie! Let's get a window seat!" Sasha exclaimed, racing onto the monorail.

As the kids began to board the monorail, the intercom voice spoke,"As you board, please continue moving across your car to make room for everyone. Please offer available seating to those needing special assistance. If you're standing, please hold on to the handrails and stay clear of the doors. The monorail will depart momentarily for the Magic Kingdom. Thank you."

"This is so exciting!" Krista squealed as she sat down by another window seat.

Ymir sat in the seat next to her girlfriend. "It's basically a subway. Just not under ground." She shrugged.

"I know, but it's still exciting nonetheless!"

Reiner stood off to the side holding one of the handrails. He thought it better to stand just in case somebody needed the seat more than him. When everyone was seated or standing in the monorail, the intercom voice spoke once again. "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse se alejado de las puertas." As he was saying those words, the doors shut. A few seconds later, the monorail began to move. "Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Express Monorail—your highway in the sky to the Magic Kingdom. For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey, and stay clear of the doors. For the comfort of others, no smoking, please. Thank you."

As they started moving Eren pressed his face against the window as he looked out. "Wow, guys!"

"It's just a subway above ground." Ymir pointed out once again.

As the kids were looking out the window and chatting, Bertholdt looked forward. Sweat poured down his face. His eyes were filled with fear and worry as he shifted them from left to right.  It was his first time on one of these monorails, like many of his friends, shouldn't he be excited? Well, the lanky lad had all of these scenarios that ran through his brain. What if the monorail tipped over and fell or they crashed into another monorail!?

Reiner looked over to Bertholdt and extended his hand to him out of everyone's line of sight, "Wanna hold my hand?" He asked quietly.

Bertholdt glanced up to his best friend and nodded. Taking a deep breath, the boy held the strong blond's hand, tightly grasping it.