Six

Jimin's P.O.V

When I woke up, the birds were chattering sweetly. The fact that I'm in the land of the dead doesn't make me feel anxious. This morning feels great. I feel great. Rolling off, I grabbed my phone and checked it.

I had 20 missed calls and 24 texts. 16 missed calls from mom, and 4 missed calls from an unknown number. 18 texts from mom and 6 texts from an unknown number.

to mom: Sorry. I'm going to head home now. Wait for me.

Standing up, I got out of the tent and let the cold breeze of the air greet me, my hair sticking up everywhere. The sun was shining brightly up in the air. The clouds were moving in its usual pace: slow and gentle.

"Dad... I have to go now." I said, chuckling. "Mom must be pissed at me right now. Love you and miss you, Dad." Then I fixed the tent, folded it, then brought the things back inside the trunk. I whispered goodbye to my father, and climbed into the car. Another four hours. I checked my watch and it's now 10 in the morning. I thought that I overstayed. But it was worth it because finely the burden that was in my chest has been gone.

By the time I got home, it was already 14:24pm. I entered the front door and headed inside the house. In the living room, there are Mom, Jongsoo, and Yoongi sitting on the family sized sofa. Mom had a furious expression on her face. They didn't noticed me until Yoongi looked up and saw me. He immediately frowned. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Where have you been, young man?!" Mom asked me as she stood up, walking towards me. "Do you how worried I was? Do you even think of your mother?!"

"Listen, mo-" I tried to cut her off. tried.

"No, you listen here, young man. I don't know what's been bugging you, and I probably don't care about that. But you should have called me! You should have texted me where you were going! I was like a fool here! Thinking about you, if you were alright or not!" She said, glaring at me.

I knew it! She doesn't care!

Yoongi just smirked at me, finding this amusing. What an asshole. Jongsoo was watching TV, not wanting to join the conversation.

"Listen mom!" I shouted. "I've be-" Before I could complete what I had to say, Mom's palm landed on my left cheek. Yoongi's smile was growing wider and Jongsoo looked at me with worried eyes. Mom never hit me. Until now. I looked at her, i was hurt. She must have realized what she's done because her eyes widen.

"Jimin..." She whispered, taking a step towards me as I took a step back.

"Mom, you never hit me." I stated, almost crying. "Do you even know what day yesterday was? It was September 3. You do know what that day means, right?" I said, now sobbing. I didn't realized it, at the moment I didn't care. "I know that we have now a new life, that you have a new love. I understand that. But September 3 means a lot to me. May I remind you that September 3 is Dad's death anniversary? All I wanted was to visit him." Before I stormed away, I noticed Yoongi's expression. He wasn't wearing the smile he had anymore. I headed upstairs going straight to my room. I slammed my room's door, locked it, and cried the day off, isolating myself, letting the pain fill my chest.

My room was dark. So dark I couldn't see things inside my room.

Too much emotions. sad memories were coming back to me. I clutched my head, remembering Dad's lifeless body. I was there.

It was my fault that Dad died.

If I was not daring them to kiss, Dad wouldn't have kissed Mom and the car wouldn't have crashed. I thought I belonged in the survivor. But no, my soul was taken away when dad died.

I hate myself.

I just cried, letting the emotions, the sad memories, the image of dad's lifeless body, mom's cry, to play inside my head, falling asleep in my tears.