Nine

Jimin's P.O.V

Getting up so early in the morning pisses me off. I made my bed, organized things and cleaned my room. I thought about packing my clothes, leave for a few days, stay at my friend's house so I could think with peace. The aura around the house was thick, it's started to suffocate me.

I can't look at mom in the eyes. In fact, I can't look at her face, or even her shadow. I know I didn't texted her, and she got worried about me, But she didn't let me explain myself. So I woke up early, at exactly 4:44 in the morning, I was already at school.

        So I was at school, staring into the sky with emotions swarming in the pit of my stomach. I didn't bothered to go to my classes, I was just at the back of the school. The time passed by quickly, and I was still there, not bothering to move, even though the warning bell has rung 2 hours ago.

        Night.

The stars on the dark sky were shining brightly, twinkling happily as it gives light to the place. The lights were off, the place around me was dark. The soft breeze of air flied around the area. I got up, dusting myself. since it was late, I decided to go home.

I hope people in the house were already sleeping. I just don't want to deal with them. Jongsoo's sympathy looks. Mom's apologies. Yoongi's bullying.

        As I stepped inside the house, I thought 'maybe not' because Yoongi, Jongsoo and Mom are fully awake, watching TV together. They all have a worry expressions on their faces. I looked at Yoongi and immediately frowned.

God, what's with his face?

        He lifted his head up and decided to look at my way, sadness swarming in his eyes. But then it disappears as it lands on my eyes. Mom looked up and saw me, her eyes were puffy and red. She's been crying. At the sight of her like that, I immediately hated myself for it.

She stood up as soon as she saw me and made her way towards me. I refused to look at her in the eyes. As she is about to caress my cheek with the back of her hand, I quickly headed upstairs and slammed my room's door shut. I jumped into my bed, just staring at the ceiling.

        My room's door opened, the door creaked, sound of light footsteps filled the room. It's Jongsoo.

For about 5 minutes, Neither of us spoke. Nobody dared to break the silence. This kind of situation is awkward. Jongsoo and I are not really close, but he always tries his best to get along with me, and so far, he's doing fine.

        "Look, I know your mother is wrong about hurting you," he said softly. "And I know that she regrets hurting you. But you can't just block her out. To be honest, I'm kinda hurt that you're blocking me, too."

        "I'm not blocking you," I countered, my voice is monotone. No emotions. Lifeless. Nothing.

        "But you're ignoring me. Us." Jongsoo said as he shifted his body, to look at me. "Look, I know that I'm not your father. Or not as great as your father. But... I want to be your dad. I know I can never replace your father, but I will do everything so you can look at me as what I want, and that is to be your father. Forget, Jimin. Forgive. We are a family here. Family forgives each other. Family helps each other. Mostly, family loves each other. Ohana."

I looked at him, hearing the word ohana. Mom must have told him about my favorite cartoon. "It means family. And family means no one gets left behind." I continued and nearly cried at that.

I sat up, cross-legged, and hugged Jongsoo. He seemed shocked at my action, but he hugged me back, his hand rubbed my back. "Thanks for comforting me... Dad." I whispered. I pulled away. And he seemed happy. So happy that it almost made me smile. "I'll talk to Mom tomorrow. I'm tired. Thanks again." He smiled at me, got up, and did my favorite thing in the world. Dad used to do that to me. My eyes swell at the action. I felt like Dad is here with me. Jongsoo kissed my forehead and told me 'good night, young mister'. He looked at me over his shoulder as he walks out of my room. I saw him smiling. I smiled, laying down on my back, shutting my eyes.

        But this time, the pain in my chest was gone, and my body relaxed as unconsciousness greeted me.

---

Bang! Bang!

        Jumping out of the bed, nearly pissing myself, I glared at the one who is banging the table beside me. It was... Yoongi. He had an evil grin plastered across his face. What an asshole. I glared at him, about to launch myself. But he walked away. Unfortunately, my body was still tired so I couldn't get up. Yoongi laughed, finding this quite amusing. I growled at him and he stopped laughing and looked at me as he furrowed his eyebrows. But then he laughs again, shaking his head. Asshole. I rolled my eyes at him and shut the door, locking it. I headed inside the bathroom to take a shower.

        After I took a shower, I wore my uniform and got out of the room. As I am about to head downstairs, Mom saw me and her eyes were filled with sadness as she looked at me. No one moved. I watched her looking at me me. Jongsoo. Jongsoo's words popped into my head. 'Family forgives each other. Family helps each other. Mostly, family loves each other. Ohana.'

I walked towards my mom and hugged her, whispering "Mom, I'm sorry."

        "I'm sorry, too, Honey." She said as she runs her hands on my back. "Let's go downstairs and eat breakfast."

We headed downstairs.

Jongsoo was in charge of making the breakfast. Considering he's rich, I never knew that he knows how to cook. Until now. I mean, he had maids all over the house.

Yoongi was eating, shoving rice into his mouth. I smacked the back of his head and he choked on his food. I laughed. Mom gave Yoongi a glass of water and he quickly grabbed it and downed the water in just one swift move. Mom glared at me and Yoongi gave me a furious look.

        "Payback time," I snapped, glaring back at him. "It's not nice of you to bang the table to wake me up."

        "Shut up, I'm not talking to you." He spat, still looking at me with malice.

        "But we are making a conversation." I teased, an innocent smile on my face. He raised an eyebrow at me. "You really don't want to talk?"

        "I don't,"

I stood up, walked inches away from him, and sang, "You don't know your'e beautiful" He gritted his teeth, shutting his eyes, mumbling about something I can't catch. "Oh no. The volcano is about to erupt!" Then I ran, grabbed my bag that was placed on the sofa and headed off to the car. Ji-Dae, my personal driver, starts the car immediately and takes off.

        Arriving to school, I thanked Ji-Dae  and he just smiled and nodded at me. I ran into school. The last thing I want to happen today is Yoongi demanding a payback time. The junior hallways was crowded, as usual. The girls were looking at me, giving me lustful smiles.

But then my world shined when I saw her.