Part 4-Invited

A period of four years passed since they last visited Gravity Falls. Dipper and Mabel were outside waiting for the bus back to college after Autumn break was over. The thought of Pacifica and Robbie had not left their minds this whole time. They had no idea where Grunkle Stan, Ford, or really where anybody was. They sat on the bus together as the bus went off on its merry way. They both sat in silence somberly. 

In a few hours the bus stopped at their college and people got off. When Mabel stood up, Dipper grabbed her hand and pulled her down.

Mabel: Dipper-

Dipper: We're not going.

Mabel: What?? But we have to go-

Dipper: I'm not leaving Robbie behind any longer... I'm going back...

Mabel: But....What if-

Dipper: I don't care...

Mabel watched Dipper grow angrier.

Mabel: Dipper.. Mom and dad will kill us!

Dipper: Do you want to meet up with Pacifica or not!?

Mabel: She probably already forgot about me by now!!

They both shared an awkward science from Mabel's outburst. A few people glanced at them then looked away.

Dipper: I'm going back to Oregon...

Mabel hesitated before sitting back down, feeling itchy from discomfort.

After another hour, they ended up back In Gravity Falls, Oregon. Dipper was the first one off the bus with haste and Mabel followed hesitantly. She wasn't used to this version of Dipper. Before she could turn back around, changing her mind, the bus doors closed soundly and her ride drove off into the distance. She gulped and turned back around to look at Gravity Falls. The town looked as if what happened four years ago didn't exist. 

The only difference was the Bill Cipher stone statue and a few pieces of debris here and there that could pass as just large rocks. She was smiling from ear to ear at the site of Gravity Falls again after so long and nearly forgot about her worries. When Mabel came back to reality from viewing their past summer home, she spotted Dipper already halfway down the road.

Mabel: OH! DIPPER WAIT UP!

She said desperately trying to catch up to her determined brother.

They arrived at the Mystery Shack to spot Soos cleaning the counter. Dipper immediately opened the door and Soos looked up to who just entered. He smiled when he recognized them both.

Soos: Dipper! Mabel! Sup guys? It's been forever!

Candy and Grenda, who were now working at the shack, saw the twins and gave each other a look.

Grenda: (whispered) So the adventure continues~

Soos: Hey uuhhh Dipper, I thought you would be in college doing smart guy stuff. Like a detective.

Dipper:..uh....plans changed last minute..

Soos: Hm. Well, college isn't for everybody so-

Grenda: HE'S HERE FOR LOVE!

Dipper: I see you haven't changed....

Grenda: Nope.

Soos: Dipper Pines? Leaving school? Whaaaaaaa?

He said in a teasing fashion. Dipper just looked away and shrugged. He placed his hands in his pockets.

Dipper: I was distracted....I'll go back once things are settled...maybe..

Soos: Well I don't know where Robbie is. After you left I've only saw him around here once and that was in the winter.

Dipper: I'm calling him...

he said then took out his phone and made his way into the den. Grenda and Candy looked at Mabel.

Mabel: What?....

Candy: We know why you're here~

Mabel: At this point I think it's obvious why I'm here....

Grenda: We have good news for you girl!

Candy: Yes! While we spend the last for years obsessing over you and Dipper's lives, we found out where Pacifica lives!

Mabels' eyes lit up at that indeed good news.

Mabel: Oh my goodness you two are the best!- wait huh?.....

She said referring to the beginning.Candy gave her a few letters that had piled up over the years.

Candy: They're all from Pacifica!

Mabel: You didn't just give her my address?

Candy: We don't know where you live, Mabel...

Mabel: Oh... Right....

She took the letters and opened the one that stood out the most which was a pink glittery envelope. She knew Mabel would be attracted to sparkles. Mabel carefully opened the envelope, mainly so she could save the sparkles, and took out the note to read what it said. It was an invite in cursive.

Dear Mabel,

I'm going to try one more time and send you an invite to my birthday party this month on the 16th of September. It will start at 6pm and It's at my house because well.. Look at it.. It's huge..

There was a picture of her new house attached to the letter. She still had a bit of vanity in her.

I'm unsure if you are still in Gravity Falls and is actively ignoring my request, but I'm desperate to settle things once and for all. You're the last person I need to do this with and I made you last for a reason. I'm writing letters because I don't know your number and this is the only way I can contact you.....Please Mabel... give me a sign that you're alive...

-Pacifica

Mabel: I've been invited to Pacifica's birthday party...

She looked at the sender's address so she could know where Pacifica lives.

Mabel: EVERYONE! I'M GOING TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Candy: Ooo! I can't wait to go!

Mabel: You're invited?

Candy: No, why?

Mabel decided not to question it and looked at her invite with a huge smile. The 16th was in two days.

Soos: I'll drive!

Mabel: I need to find out what I'm gonna wear. PACIFICA I'M COMIIIING!