Part 9- Happy Fake Birthday

Mabel was almost tripping down the stairs as Pacifica was pulling her along. The party was still fine, but Mabel was now viewing the whole area with unease. The suddenly romantic moment was killed. When they made it down the stairs, Mabel stopped to look at Pacifica wondering what the heck just happened. One minute she needs help and suddenly she's fine?

Mabel: (whispered) Huh, Pacifica?-

Pacifica kissed Mabel on the cheek to silence her.

Pacifica: Attention everyoooooone!

She said then rang a silver bell. Most people stopped and looked to where the source of the ringing was. All eyes were on Pacifica.

Pacifica: Hello everyone and thank you all for coming!

Mabel: (whispered) Pacifica-

Pacifica: We'll be having the cake and food early! Follow me please~

Before Mabel could say another word, her voice was muted by the guest soundly heading to wherever Pacifica was leading them. Mabel took out her phone and called Dipper.

Mabel: Come ooooon.... Pick uuuuup....

Dipper didn't answer.

Mabel: Hhhhnnn Dipper come ooon!

Pacifica: Mabel?

She called from afar. Mabel looked toward the hall and ran.

Mabel: Coming!

When she came into the dining room, she gingerly walked up to Pacifica while making her way through the crowd of guest waiting and taking pictures of the 4 tiered purple and white cake topped with a miniature Cinderella glass slipper on top.

Mabel: Uh-

Pacifica pulled out a small sword with a violet bow on the handle. The 19 candles on top surrounded the shoe. Her parents were there behind her smiling at how grown up their girl has become.

Mabel: What.. Hello?

Priscilla: Happy birthday sweetheart!

Mabel: What the... Pacifica-

Everyone: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRTHDAAAAAY TOOOOO YOOOOOU~

Mabel was again interrupted by everyone in the room abruptly singing happy birthday. Pacifica softly grabbed Mabel's hand, which caused Mabel to blush. She looked at the cake and saw a motif of two shapes: A yellow triangle and a four pointed star. Mabel looked around at the group and back toward the cake.

Mabel: Am I being ignored on purpose?....

Pacifica held Mabel's hand tighter, hearing every word Mabel spoke but had to ignore it for both of their safety.

Everyone: Haaaaaaaaaaaaapppy biiiiiiiiirthday tooooooooooooooo yooooooooooooooooouu!

The group clapped and cheered as Pacifica blew out her candles. She then got plates ready so she can cut the cake. At this point Mabel has had enough.

Mabel: WAAAAAAAAAIIT AAAA MINUTE!!!

Everyone stopped and looked at her, some with faces of disdain.

Pacifica: Mabel-

Mabel: What is going on here?! First you're scared out of your mind asking me for help, but then suddenly everything's fine?? Who's after you??

Pacifica's parents were giving Mabel a hard stare.

Priscilla: (trying to keep her cool) Ahahahaha dear perhaps you're a little tired. Do we need to call your parents?...

Mabel's eyes widened.

Mabel: Uh aha no no we don't need that now aha! Uh....

The room was silent while looking at her.

Mabel: Oh uh... sorry..uh... Excuse us for a second...

She dragged Pacifica out of the room and into the hall.

Mabel: (whispered) Pacifica i'm done with being ignored! Tell me what's wrong!...

Pacifica looked around her hoping that the coast was clear. She pulled Mabel close.

Pacifica: (Whispered) You're in trouble.. I'm in trouble... we're all in trouble....

Mabel: Why?...

Pacifica: I knew this year you were suppose to come back and that's because you were suppose to...

Mabel: Huh?..

Pacifica: (whispered) I will literally lose my riches and my life if I didn't comply...I'm so sorry Mabel.. I really am.. I didn't mean for all of this to happen I swear...I care about you so much but I didn't know what to do at the time...Everything happened last minute.. My original note wasn't suppose to be a help letter but then this all arrived out of nowhere!

Mabel pulled back.

Mabel: W-What did you do??

Pacifica covered Mabel's mouth so she wouldn't be so loud.

Pacifica: (whispered)You need to help me out of here! They're both controlling my house and everyone here! I don't know any of these people except my parents! They're all fake and-

Mabel: (whispered) Who is controlling your house??

Hi there!

Mabel and Pacifica both froze at the voice that suddenly made itself present in the area.