Part 14-Our Dreams

It was 3 in the morning and Dipper was still lying awake on the couch in the den. He was still dressed from earlier. He looked over to Robbie's old guitar which he had lied on the floor next to him. There was a few scratches all over it, probably from him swinging it around at objects a few years ago. He wondered why it was stringless now.

Dipper sat up and yawned. He didn't want to wait until the morning to continue the search.

Dipper: Please...I just want to know where he is...

He said to himself. He got up and decided to head out by himself. He snuck out of the shack and closed the door gently on his way out. The wind was now boarderline cold. He placed his hands in his pockets and made his way down the road, trying to bare the cold.

Meanwhile Mabel and Pacifica were also still up, but they were in the attic. Mabel was brushing Pacifica's hair while they talked.

Pacifica: How did you live up here?...

Mabel: What do you mean?

Pacifica: Isn't it kinda...cramped and stuffy up here?...

Mabel: Not really. I guess you're just used to living in a mansion~

Mabel took off a purple rubber band that was wrapped around the handle of the brush she was using.

Pacifica: Probably.... I'm just used to large spaces is all...

Mabel: I understand....So, Pacifica?

Pacifica: Hm?

Mabel: Let's say all this does works out for us....

Pacifica: Mhmm?~

Mabel: Where do you want to live? Because obviously neither one of us can live in the shack....

She giggled afterward and brushed Pacifica's hair into a ponytail.

Mabel: Also, do you want a braid, a bun, or regular?

Pacifica: I dunno really. I've only ever known that mansion... I'd want to live in at least a big enough house. I guess it can be middle class... but just a big enough house. One with a nice porch and if we're lucky a balcony...and I guess a fishtail braid if you can do it.

Mabel: Ooo~ I'd like a balcony~

She smiled and got started on the braid. Her smiled turned soft from the conversation about their future.

Mabel: Hey Pacifica?

Pacifica: Yes?

Mabel: Besides the whole "deal" thing, why did you want to make up with me in this way?

Pacifica: Why do you think?...

Mabel: Because you like me, but have no ability to express your feelings in a normal fashion?

Pacifica: Uh...

Mabel: Let's just saaaay this has happened before.... Speaking of. I hope Dipper's alright...

Pacifica: I'm sure he's fine. Buuut back to the house..

Mabel smiled and continued to do Pacifica's hair.

Pacifica: I also want a pool and golden retriever...a big one.

She said more like a demand rather than a dreamy idea.

Mabel: Aww I wanted a little tabby cat....Can we get both?

Pacifica: They can get along?

Mabel: If they're still young, yes~

Pacifica: Alright. Both it is then.

Mabel silently cheered to herself while Pacifica smirked from hearing her a bit. Pacifica lied back against Mabel who then wrapped her arms around her. For a few minutes they were just sitting in their own silence and listening to the trees rustling outside. They were just there enjoying each other's company tonight. Mabel smiled a bit at the thoughts fluttering around in her head.

Mabel: (in her mind) If everything goes well, we could do this everyday....Please have everything go well...I don't know if I'll have a chance like this again... I know there's like, 7 billion people in the world, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to connect with any of them the same way....And if I do, I don't know if I'll be up for it if Pacifica dies here...I want her...

Pacifica was blinking tiredly. She just wanted to fall asleep right there. Mabel looked down at her and kissed Pacifica's forehead. She then began to tear up a bit which confused her love.

Mabel: I'm not letting them get you....

Pacifica: Mabel, calm down.. You're overthinking this a bit. I'm pretty sure we'll be fine....

Mabel: I know but... It still scares me because I was wanting to come back for years now so that we can reunite and I just don't want my dreams to be ruined...Dipper's dreams were already ruined.. I don't want to end up like him in high school....

Pacifica sat up to hug Mabel and gently rock her back and forth.

Pacifica: We'll be fine... I have an idea...

As you can tell, this story may end up becoming long-ish over time.