Part 15- The Junkyard

Authors note: Warning, longish chapter, and If you've made it this far, thanks  a bunch~

Around 5:50 am, Dipper was still out walking, far from the shack at this point. The sun was over the horizon but he felt no warmth from it. He blinked tiredly as he walked down the road and was approaching the junkyard. There he faintly heard guitar strumming, banging on metal, and one dude shouting. Dipper's heart skipped a beat, hoping that it would be Robbie and his band, but he honestly doubted it.

He took his chances and entered the junkyard anyway. Carefully stepping through trash and stray glass bottles, he saw a group of guys, around their early 20s, hanging out in the trunk of an old red pick up truck. 

The middle guy was strumming his guitar while the other two was just having fun with smashing bottles and breaking stuff in the junkyard. The middle guy looked very over with what his friends were doing. He just came here to relax and play music, but he probably should have known better. 

Dipper's eyes lit up at the familiar face. It was Robbie and his friends Nate and Lee. Dipper suddenly became shy to speak up. Robbie was now wearing a black flannel instead of his hoodie and his fringe was just a little shorter. Dipper suddenly gravitated toward him, but accidentally stepped on a glass bottle with his foot. The guys looked up to see who it was.

Dipper:...Uhh...Hey Robbie.

Dipper began to panic a bit internally. What if it was just a Robbie look alike and he would have to fight or run for his life. Robbie raised his brows.

Robbie: ...Dipper?...

Dipper: Hey..

The other two guys smirked at Dipper amazed at how much he had changed over the years. Robbie stepped out of the trunk of the pick up truck and walked over to him to give him a bear hug. Dipper immediately hugged him back and almost felt the urge to cry. He dreamed of this moment for a while now. Nate and Lee looked at each other and hugged too just because. Robbie rested his head on top of Dipper's, for he was still a bit taller than him. They were talking softly the whole time.

Robbie: What's up?...

He said warmly. Dipper chuckled a bit and looked up at him.

Dipper: I've had better days honestly...

Robbie: Aww... What happened?

Dipper: A lot... I'm just better off here...

Robbie squeezed him tighter and Dipper couldn't help but smile. Robbie's flannel was soft against his face.

Dipper: How's your music coming along?...

Robbie just mumbled a bit which Dipper took as a bad sign.

Robbie: It could be better...

Dipper sighed but was a bit relieved that they both were having trouble in life lately.

Dipper: You find anyone new while I was gone?...

Robbie chuckled and kissed his forehead.

Robbie: I couldn't....You?

Dipper chuckled too.

Dipper: Nope..I couldn't either...I've been wanting to come back for so long now...

Robbie: What took you so long?

Dipper:...Mom didn't want me coming back here....she didn't like you...

Robbie: Oh...

Dipper: Yeah...I'm suppose to be in college right now, but this was more important to me at the moment...

Robbie: Dipper Pines? Leaving school? Whaaaaaaa?

He said in a teasing fashion. Dipper didn't even mind this time. He was just happy to see his boyfriend again.

Dipper: Yeah, yeah... I left. But only to see you again. I'll go back later...

Robbie: Are you really gonna go back?...

Dipper looked to the ground.

Dipper: I mean, I don't want to leave completely, but....

He was interrupted by a herd of people running down the road soundly, all with yellow glowing eyes. They were going in the direction of the shack and at a fast pace too. The four of them looked blankly at the zombie like herd rushing up hill.

Dipper: Uhhhhhh...

Lee: Yooooo, what??

Dipper: (in his mind) Great...

Dipper broke from Robbie's hug and focused on the road. His heart felt heavier.

Dipper: Robbie, I have to go take care of something... Sorry I have to go so soon...

He said somberly and ran off and out of the junk yard. He ran up hill despite his fatigue. Robbie just stood there, feeling rather still throughout his body. He decided to follow him and began to run up the road as well.

Lee: WAIT UP!

His friend followed after them.

Mabel was up early and was down stairs getting a cup of water. She then noticed Dipper was nowhere to be seen.

Mabel: Dipper?.....

She then heard collective footsteps getting closer and closer to the shack outside. Her heart dropped and she became dead silent. She ran back up the stairs and burst through the room door.

Mabel: PACIFICA! Huh?

Mabel began to freak out at the fact that Pacifica was not there.

Author's Note: I predict that this story will probably get up to around 20 something chapters so.... If you like long reads then keep going fam