Chapter 8- Hacking the Hacker

Relating to Episodes 16 and 17 of Love O2O

A/N: The dialogue in this section comes from the series. Also; my technological abilities are severely limited (seriously. You're lucky I can manage this much!) so if I describe any of the computer stuff incorrectly then please bear with me. Or Tell me what should have been and I'll change it. I'm basing everything off the info in the series and what it looks like they're doing. You know that saying "fake it till you make it?" I'm adept at the first half.

<<Welcome. Thanks for coming. Forgive me for not welcoming you in.>>

<<Who are you? You're not him.>>

<<Who is him?>>

<<Stop pretending.>>

<<You do know us quite well.>

<<I have no bad intentions.>>

    Hao Mei stared at the conversation on his screen before realising what had happened. Grabbing his laptop, he ran into Xiao Nai's office, his haste drawing the attention of Yu Ban Shan and Qui Yong Hou who followed behind.

    "What's going on? Is that guy here again?" Frazzled, he handed his laptop over to Xiao Nai and ran to read the screen that Xiao Nai had been typing on.

    Taking Mei's laptop, Xiao Nai instructed him to buy them some time to run a trace via the hacker's link with Hao Mei's account. Furious, Hao Mei took control of the keyboard.

<<No bad intentions my ass! Is my computer your home? Why did you change my desktop wallpaper? Are you here to hack my goddess?>>

    Behind him, Yu Ban Shan sighed. "Mei, that's not the point."

    Oh. Mei paused for a moment before continuing. No self respecting hacker would reveal their motive at the first moment; this wasn't a Korean drama, and Laosan had told him to buy them some time... wasting time was one thing Mei was extremely good at.

<<Even if you're here to hack my goddess, you don't have to hack her fan's computer. Do you hate her fans that much?>>

    The eye rolling in the room was almost audible and Mei determined not to look at either Qui Yong Hou or Yu Ban Shan. For the rest of the year, if he could help it.

<<It's not because of that.>>

<<What is the reason then? You know who I am?>>

    Qui Yong Hou leaned over Xiao Nai's shoulder. "Did you track the hacker?"

    "He's near our school."

    All three gathered behind Xiao Nai in time to watch his trace connect to the camera of the hacker's computer. Only the hacker's torso, in a uniformed black and white, was visible as he stood and closed the laptop he had been working at. Hao Mei looked back at the computer he'd been talking to the hacker on.

    "I just asked him if he knows me. He logged off right away. Could he really be someone I know?"

    "I didn't get to see his face." Xiao Nai stared at the laptop a moment longer, his eyebrows drawn down in contemplation. Hao Mei eyed him suspiciously. Laosan never said what he didn't mean... but he also had a tendency to speak in layers. Just because he hadn't seen the hacker's face didn't mean he was completely stumped as to his identity.

    "This hacker even has a part-time job." Yu Ban Shan seemed appalled that a hacker would need some form of income but Hao Mei wondered if that was what Xiao Nai had alluded to. He sighed. All he'd seen in the background was hints of the type of restaurant that could be found all over Beijing. Just like the one that KO worked at. Which reminded him; he forgot to text KO that he wasn't going to be able to meet him last night!

    "This is so creepy. Too creepy! No... I have to eat a big dinner to comfort my wounded heart. Laosan, I'm going to take off." He collected his laptop and headed back to his desk. Tonight. He would definitely make it there tonight. He didn't bother to text KO before leaving the office; he'd see him soon enough.

A/N: I'm posting this short section because this and the next two chapters could all have been one reeeeeeally long one because of how connected they are in the series; because they're separate scenes I'm breaking them down in to separate chapters.