Chapter 24- The Mark of a True Husband (R18+)

Between Episodes 18-20 of Love O2O (I'd say "Episode 19" but they don't appear in that one- so maybe this is behind the scenes?). This occurs immediately after the previous chapter. Technically, they could have been one long chapter but that would have meant taking even longer to get an update to you, and I'm having too much fun sharing the story with my fellow MoK shippers. As it is... make yourself comfortable, grab a coffee, lock the door... this chapter is nearly 3000 words and it's 2000 words of HoK getting hot.

In the office:

Xiao Nai watched as his staff were drawn to the windows overlooking the car park. He wouldn't have thought much of it, but even Wei Wei was standing next to Yu Ban Shan, open mouthed and looking like she was watching her favourite drama. Coming up behind her, he leaned against her back with his hands carefully placed in his pockets. In the car park below, KO and Hao Mei were providing enough entertainment for his staff- he didn't need to add to that by getting caught playing with his furen.

"Did you see what happened?"

"Nothing! KO was just sitting at his computer..."

  ".... then all of a sudden he stood up...."

   "... his face was even colder than usual...."

   "... carried Hao Mei over his shoulder..."

   "... we heard Hao Mei cursing at him when they went in the elevator so ran here to watch the fun. Wish I had popcorn."

   Xiao Nai rested his head on Wei Wei's shoulder and his breath tickled her ear. "Why do you look worried?"

  Bei Wei Wei flinched at the hot air on her skin and bit her lip. "KO-shixiong looked so angry. Will Meiren be okay? Maybe you should stop them? Call KO back to the office?"

   Xiao Nai looked down at the arguing couple. KO had placed Hao Mei on the ground as soon as they left the building, and now the younger man was gesticulating wildly as he stormed after the stone-faced hacker. His words were inaudible, and his back was to the windows so no one could attempt to read his lips. Xiao Nai shook his head.

   "Coming events cast their shadows before them."

   "Oh." Wei Wei wasn't entirely sure what he was alluding to, but she'd understood enough to know that he wasn't going to interfere.

   A stunned hush washed over the gathered crowd, as they watched KO step into Hao Mei; backing him up without a single word. KO stepped forward, and Hao Mei retreated; a well choreographed dance that led the couple underneath the overhang of the building... and out of sight.

   "He won't kill him... will he?" The whispered question made everyone look at each other; doubt rising as soon as the worst case scenario had been voiced.

   Qui Yong Hou snorted. "Not likely. Mei-ge on the other hand, looked fit to do murder, but he won't succeed against KO."

  "And after all the effort KO went to, to corner him in his own office..." Yu Ban Shan struggled to keep a straight face. "He won't kill him now."

   Comprehension cleared the faces around them and laughter returned only to die away as the pair emerged from the shadows of the overhang. KO led the way over to his motorbike, while Hao Mei trailed along behind; one hand rubbing the nape of his neck and the other in the vicinity of his mouth. With his back to the window, no one could see what he was doing but the general consensus was that he was covering his mouth so he didn't say anything and get into even more trouble.