Chapter 49- House Warming

Relating to Episode 29 of Love O2O

Knock, knock, knock.

Knock, knock, knock.

Knock, knock, knock.

The stars groaned and a large mass rolled beneath them, shaking the galaxy and shifting the centre of gravity. Which sounds a lot more exciting than saying that an extremely hung over Hao Mei was rudely awakened by a persistent knocking at the front door. Each bang of the door reverberated in his skull until he thought his head might vibrate so much it would separate from his neck and roll on to the floor. It might hurt a lot less in that instance. 

    Knock, knock, knock. 

     As the knocking continued, Mei admitted defeat and sat up on his bed. Rubbing his head, he looked over at the alarm clock he'd silenced earlier that morning.

    "What? It's already 3:30pm?" He yawned as the knocking continued. "Who is it?"

    Bleary-eyed and heavy-headed, he navigated the maze of discarded clothing and empty juice bottles, inured to the sight and smell. 

    "I'm coming.. I'm coming," he scowled as he opened the door and peered up at the brave sole who dared wake him up. "Who is it?"

    The brave man simply looked at him. 

    "KO? What are you doing here?" Mei blinked. Maybe he was still drunk and just imagining his hangover... and KO's unexplained presence. 

    In response, KO held up two plastic bags, packed full of groceries to the point they were threatening to burst at the seams. "I'm here to go through the back door." (A/N: this is probably one of my favourite lines of the series. Talk about a double entendre! I love it!)

    "Eh... come in, come in." Stepping back, Mei ushered KO through the door, yawning as he followed the hacker into his home. Rubbing his eyes, he watched KO step carefully over the mess and put the bags on the kitchen bench. 

    "It's such a mess."

    "I just moved in a few days ago... you know what work has been like... unpacking hasn't been a priority."

    "Cleaning hasn't been either."

    "Eh," Mei gave a shame-faced chuckle. "Well, to be honest, cleaning is never much of a priority." 

    With a grunt, KO acknowledged the truth of Mei's words as he started opening cupboards; searching for something that Mei was sure he didn't have. 

    "How did you know I lived here now?" He hadn't told anyone when he found a replacement unit- other than Xiao Nai that was.... and suddenly he didn't have any questions. Okay, he had several, chief of them being 'what game was laosan playing' but he had no questions that needed urgent answers. 

    "You don't have anything?" Without waiting for a reply, KO started writing on a notepad he just happened to have in his pocket. 

    "What are you doing?"

    "Get dressed. Go to the supermarket," KO finished scribbling on the paper and tore it off, handing it over to Mei who blinked at him owlishly. "Buy the things on the list."

    "Wok, saute pan, electric rice cooker, spatula, electric grid?" Mei wrinkled his nose. What was this? An episode of Home Shopping 101? 

    "Griddle. Not grid."