Chapter 37- Three Matchmakers and Six Proofs

A/N: 😂😂 The response to my last chapter has been hilarious! Some of my chattier readers went radio silent, and silent readers turned chatty! 🤣😂🤣 I love the response, regardless!
This chapter has taken time to write because it required a bit of research and I also had to juggle with the dilemma of inserting specific traditions into a romance that isn't accepted in that country. Which is a minefield of thought. I've reached a compromise- the traditions described will be drawn from Chinese culture but will be hybridised with in-game culture from Dreams of Jiangshu 2.

The newly established couple walked in to work, together, the next morning. Mei was yawning and rubbing the back of his neck when he froze, left speechless by the sight in front of him. He blinked. Maybe lack of sleep was causing hallucinations? Or maybe, as his father always used to warn him (or was it threaten?) and too much wan lao er had sent him mad. (A/N: wan lao er = "playing with little brother" or masturbation. Lao er = "little brother" or penis. 😊)

    Overnight, the office had been replaced with a sea of red. Painted cardboard charms dangled from the beams, red paper had been shredded for instant confetti, and where they managed to get their hands on gauzy red curtains to hang over the office windows... Mei wasn't sure he wanted to know. The conference room had been cleared out and the retractable glass doors pushed right back, opening the space to the rest of the office. Two office chairs, draped in red, were positioned at the end of the conference room in such a way that anyone sitting in them could have a view of the entire office. The large table had been moved out and several smaller office tables added to either end, creating a space long enough for every single person in Zhi Yi Technologies to sit down together. Someone had managed to find paper plates and cups in white and gold and had even managed to get their hands on gold plastic chopsticks.

    Mei took a step back. No one had seen them yet... maybe it wasn't too late to call in sick?

    "Ouch." KO's curse as Mei stepped backwards onto his foot, caught the attention of Wang Wei and Mei's stomach did a tango when he realised that there was no avoiding what his "friends" had in store. Yu Ban Shan and Qui Hong You were conspicuously absent from the mob that swooped down on Mei and the unsuspecting KO; proof that it was all their idea.

    "The Bride and Groom are here!"

    "Finally! What took you so long?"

     "Eh! Look at Mei-ge blush. Mr Beauty, did you preempt the wedding night?"

    "They never came back yesterday... maybe they eloped?"

    "No matter. We can still have the wedding banquet! But if they eloped then we don't need to worry about red packets." Cheers greeted that statement and Mei's head started to pound.

    "Crazy. We didn't elope." But they did, kind of, preempt the wedding night. Even after showering, and running out of hot water in the process, they still hadn't gone any further. When Mei had hinted at the possibility, KO had made yet another obscure comment about Mei's virtue and for once, not even sexual temptations had loosened his lips any further on that issue.

    Something of Mei's thoughts must have shown on his face because the teasing then turned on KO.

     "See him blush... KO-ge... what have you been doing to our Beauty?"

    "Eh, you must take responsibility."

    "Our Mei was a chaste child before you came along. Take responsibility for your actions."