Chapter 45- Making the best of a bad situation R18+

9 days and 13 hours until D-Day.

And 9 days and seven hours since he'd last woken up next to KO.

Hao Mei sighed. Even though saosan had put their beds together, at KO's request, they were yet to actually sleep side by side. The only consolation as far as Mei could tell, was that even if he didn't have KO with him, at least the bedding smelled like his favourite hacker. He pulled the blanket over his head and curled up into a ball, cocooning himself in the comforting scent. Muffled by the blanket and his position underneath his desk, he could faintly hear Yu Ban Shan and Qui Hong You rustling everyone up and out the door. For some inexplicable reason, despite using every possible excuse to avoid running when he was at school, Ban Shan had taken it upon himself to lead the office in a morning run. He claimed that getting everyone running for half an hour in the morning helped get their brains switching on faster than slowly waking up in the office, but Mei suspected it had more to do with the women who also jogged along that path early in the morning. The shuffle of shoes was punctuated with yawns and groans as people stretched the kinks out of arms and legs. The futons helped the situation but the office floor really wasn't designed for sleeping on.

Unmoving, Mei stayed motionless in his cocoon, hoping that it would be a case of out of sight, out of mind. It seemed to do the trick as the echo of voices in the stairwell petered out and all that was left was the echo of an empty office. He was about to drift back off to sleep when a heavy weight landed on top of him.

"Argh!" Arms trapped in the blanket, Mei flailed his legs, trying to dislodge his attacker. There was a loud thud as he managed to push the body enough to send it bumping against the desk.

"Ow."

Mei froze. He knew that voice.

The blanket slowly peeled back from his head, revealing the face he'd just been missing.

"KO? What are you doinnnnng....."

The hacker's lips covered his own and Mei closed his eyes as their kiss deepened- tongues colliding and breath seemingly unnecessary. The body straddling his own kept Mei trapped under the blanket with his hands next to his chest, and he groaned with frustration when he tried to pull KO closer and discovered just how stuck he was. Unwilling to interrupt the kiss, he rolled his hips upward, trying to move his partner just enough to free his arms. When KO simply deepened their kiss, his fingers tunnelling through Mei's hair and pulling his head off the ground so his tongue could delve further into their kiss, Mei surrendered to the moment.

Unfortunately, surrender to the moment was making him hard and he couldn't help the reflexive rolling of his hips. Realising that he was resorting to dry humping, Mei pulled away from the mouth that was driving him wild.

"KO... want... you...."

Face flushed and panting with kiss swollen lips, Mei was unaware of the image he presented so the stunned look on KO's face made no sense.

"Don't just sit there... let me get my arms out...." getting no response, he rocked his hips to the side and KO slid sideways. There was enough of a gap that Mei could stretch his arms up and push the blanket down. It bunched around his waist but at least he had his arms free... and his hands free... hands which he put to good use straight away. He had KO's shirt mostly unbuttoned before the man reacted- abruptly returning to the here and now when Mei's fingers brushed against his chest.

"I just wanted to kiss you while no one was here," KO looked down at his partner as Mei's nimble fingers finished with the buttons and pushed the shirt down his arms. Only when his arms were pulled behind his back, did KO realise that Mei hadn't undone all the buttons and now he was naked from the waist up and his shirt was effectively tying his hands behind his back.