Chapter 1

The baseball field is always lively, especially at Seido high school, a baseball powerhouse. The amount of funds put into the baseball equipment doesn't lose to the amount of effort made by the players at all. As always, a certain freshman's loud voice was audible from the entire field. "AHAHAHAHA!" Sawamura's loud laughter echoed across the field. Next, he began to shouting his signature "I'm relying on you" speech to the fielders. A certain black haired manager smiled at his voice, but her eyebrows furrowed into a helpless look. She doesn't dislike his enthusiasm, but it can get pretty nerve wracking at times. Since her freshman year at Seidou, she's dealt with countless different types of players as a manager of the baseball team, but someone like Sawamura...is a first.

It's always refreshing to be outside on the field. Although the managers don't like getting a tan, being outside is still better than rotting indoors. The black haired manager swept a lock of her black threads behind the ear to clear the vision beyond her golden orbs. She bent down to pick up a towel that fell from the bench when suddenly, a voice called out her name. "Tatsune," said a clear, deep, honest voice. The said girl looked up to find a taller boy with similar black locks and golden eyes. It was none other than the captain of the team and her older brother, Yuuki Tetsuya.

"Onii-chan," Tatsune voiced with slight surprise. "Shouldn't you be over there?" She pointed to the batting grounds where the regulars were doing batting practices.

"Yeah, but I couldn't really find my groove, so I decided to take a break," Yuuki explained to his little sister. "By the way, did you find the thing I asked you about?"

"The book? No, I looked around, but I couldn't find it," Tatsune looked down, disappointment in her eyes.

"I see. Well, I guess it can't be helped," Yuuki sighed. "It's a pity."

"Yeah. It was a good book," Tatsune nodded, remembering the shogi book she and her brother was reading the other day. She was hoping to finally win against Miyuki after reading that book; it was really helpful. In the end, she never finished it, and she never beat Miyuki.

After Yuuki went back to practice, Tatsune went back to doing her manager work, which involves organizing equipment, gathering towels, and refilling water bottles. Just as Tatsune was collecting the fallen baseballs from the ground into the baseball bin, she felt a mit hit the top of her head. "Ouch!" she hissed as she looked up from her squatting position. Her eyes widened to see a familiar pink haired third year. A pout and a blush made its way to her face when she recognized the boy. "What now?" she asked.

"Just wanted to bother you," the boy replied as he bent down next to her. "Need help?"

"Won't you get scolded for cutting practice?" Tatsune asked in a semi-serious tone.

"I think it's fine," the boy said.

"WHAT!? ONII-SAN AND LEADER'S SISTER ARE DATING?!" a loud voice interrupts the boy and the girl, as well as everyone on the field. Tatsune and the pink haired third year in front of her turned to the direction of the voice. There stood Sawamura Eijun, the owner of the voice, as well as the two other first year regulars, Kominato Haruichi and Furuya Satoru. The pink haired senior frowned. Although it's a known fact amongst the team, he didn't need the loud freshman announcing it during practice.

Rewind to what just happened. Sawamura, Haruichi, and Furuya were taking a break, and drinking their water bottles on the side. That was when Sawamura spotted Kominato Ryousuke, Haruichi's older brother, walk towards Yuuki Tatsune, the baseball captain's little sister. Before, he didn't really notice, but now that Sawamura thinks back on it, he's seen Ryousuke and Tatsune together fairly often since he entered high school.