Epilogue

Cling!

"Second!"

"Out! Three outs! Switch!" the umpire called. The defending team cheered, for they have prevented their opponent from scoring a single point this inning. In a series of "yeahs" and "all rights," the boys gathered around the pink haired boy who caught the ball from the second base.

"Good job Natsuo! Nice catch!" a boy said.

"Thanks!" the boy named Natsuo grinned. He looked towards the hill, where the parents sat. A beautiful woman with long black hair waved at him. Beside her, a small girl with similar pink hair as him stood waving her arms violently and jumping up and down, trying to get his attention. Natsuo's lips curled into a soft smile as he raised a brow, forming a look of helplessness. That girl, he thought.

Natsuo took off his cap, and put on his helmet and batting gloves, for he was the second batter this inning. He grabbed his metal bat, and walked over to the on-deck circle. After his teammate successfully got onto the first base, Natsuo made his way to the batter's box. His lips curled into a smirk as the pitcher got into position. He's not a hasty batter. He'll hit the ball as many times as he need, not afraid to hit foul balls. Natsuo's good at putting pressure on the pitcher, and that's what he plans to do.

"Ball!" the umpire announced when the pitcher's ball made contact with the catcher's mitt. Of course the pitcher would be nervous against Natsuo, especially after Natsuo hit four foul balls and then ended with a bunt last time unexpectedly, helping his team score a point. This time when the batting rotation went back to him, the pitcher has to be much more careful. However that carefulness ended up becoming nervousness. "Ball two!" Natsuo doesn't swing his bat carelessly, ever. He'll never strike at a ball. The pitcher throws again.

CLING!

This time it went long. Natsuo dropped the bat and made a run for it. His teammate made his way towards the second base as he made it to first without much of an effort. He could hear the cheers from his team and the parents on the audience side. From the corner of his eyes he could see his little sister jumping up and down.

"Mama look, he hit it!"

"Yes he did, now calm down Yachiyo," the black haired woman chuckled at her daughter's excitement.

"Mama, after Onii-chan wins this game, they'll be going to going to finals right?" Yachiyo asked.

"That's right," the little girl's mother nodded.

Suddenly, the sound of the grass ruffling and a man panting grew louder and louder, until a pink haired man finally made his way to them on the hill. "Huff....huff.....Sorry I'm late. What's the score?" the man asked.

"Papa!" the little girl launched herself into the man's arms.

"Hey there Peanuts! How's your brother doing?" the man picked his daughter up and kissed her on the cheek. The little girl giggled, and wrapped her arms around his neck lovingly.

"He's winning!" she reported proudly. "Six to two!"

"We're on the sixth inning," the older woman said as her husband sat down beside her. He gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. "What took you so long, Ryou?" The man gave his wife an apologetic look.

"Come on Tatsune-chan, you know how traffic is from my workplace to here," he said. He wrapped an arm around the black haired woman, feeling extremely satisfied to have both his favorite woman and his favorite girl in his arms. "So Peanuts, what do you say we get some ice cream later?"

"Ice cream!" Yachiyo raised her hands in delight, loving the idea of ice cream. Her mom, however, furrowed her brows in disapproval.

"Ryou, she just got her cavities pulled out!" Tatsune said to her husband. Ryousuke let out a nervous laugh at his wife's scolding.

Natsuo's team ended up winning. The parents who came to watch cheered for their children. With that Natsuo would be going to the junior league finals. The nine year old grinned happily and jumped up and down along with his teammates, losing the coolness from before, and fully embracing the kid inside him.

After their team was dismissed, Natsuo ran to his family after he packed his things. "Mom! Dad!" he shouted.

"Onii-chan!" Yachiyo jumped down from her dad's grip, and ran towards her brother. Oh no, Natsuo thought. He dropped his bags and awaited for impact. Yachiyo fired herself at her brother, knocking him backwards. The boy fell on his back, supporting his little sister.

"Ugh! Yachiyo get off me you're fat!" he groaned.

"No I'm not!" the girl's face turned red with anger. "You're fat!"

"No, you are!"

"NO! YOU ARE!"

"Okay you two, stop quarreling, you're both fat," Ryousuke walked over to his kids with his hands in his pocket.

"Mama, Onii-chan and Papa are bullying me!" Yachiyo cried to her mother. The older woman chuckled, but didn't scold the two males like Yachiyo hoped she would. Ryousuke picked up his son's bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"Good job Natsuo," Ryousuke said, patting his son on the head. The smaller pink haired male blushed with happiness. His father's approval meant the world to him, for his father was a very strong player back in his younger days too. Natsuo chose the position of second baseman because of his admiration for his father. "How about we go get some yakiniku to celebrate?"

"Yakiniku!" chirped Yachiyo. The five year old girl hopped around giddily. Ryousuke and Tatsune both had no clue where the girl gets her hyper-activeness from. They were both pretty tame as kids, so both Ryousuke and Tatsune were surprised when their daughter turned out like this. Natsuo seemed to be the spiting image of Ryousuke; the hair, the eyes, even the personality are the exact same. Although Natsuo isn't the nicest older brother to Yachiyo, often teasing her now and then, he does help her when needed, that part is also the exact same as Ryousuke.

Ryousuke let Yachiyo ride on his shoulders. Tatsune offered to hold Natsuo's hands like when he was younger, but boy declined with a hard blush. Tatsune faked a hurt look. "Rebellious already? Natsuo, Mommy's sad," she fake cried.

"Natsuo, making my woman cry? Now you've got some guts don't you? Looks like you need some punishment now, don't you say?" Ryousuke threatened. Natsuo felt shivers go down his spine. Oh he knew better than to mess with his dad. He may look all nice and soft on the outside, but Natsuo knows that deep down, his father is the most sadistic of sadists. The boy swallowed the saliva built up in his mouth.

"F-F-Fine! It's just holding hands!" Natsuo grabbed onto Tatsune's hand. His face redder than a tomato. The woman smiled. Everyday she'd wake up thinking she's living in a dream. Laying beside her everyday, is her sadistic yet gentle, loving husband, and she has two wonderful children. Waking up, making bentos for them, and picking up the kids from school. Each day seemed to repeat itself, but she just can't get enough of this kind of life. She feels so blessed.

"Tatsune-chan," Ryousuke called for his wife. She looked down, to see him hold his hand out to her. Tatsune smiled, and placed her free hand in his.

"Happy family!" Yachiyo cheered.

"Yeah," Ryousuke agreed. "Truly...a happy family."