Chapter 10

Tatsune woke up feeling strange. Today is the day of her graduation along with Miyuki and Kuramochi. She will be attending college next to Ryousuke and her brother's school. She was happy to start a new page of her life, but at the same time, she felt sad. The third years arrived at school to clean up their things and bid goodbye. Tatsune placed her hand on her desk. She still remembered back when there were mean words written over her desk. It wasn't long ago, but it seemed like eternity to Tatsune.

She glanced around the classroom, tears welling up in her eyes as she remembered all the good times she's had here. "Tatsune-chan, let's go to the field!" Miyuki called for her. Tatsune nodded. She and Miyuki and Kuramochi made their way to the field, where the rest of the baseball team members stood, waiting for them, and the other third years.

"We'll be graduating now. Although this is goodbye, I just want you all to know that we, the third years, are proud of you all. We gave out three years to baseball. And many of us will continue our baseball journey. This isn't over for us, so don't feel sad. We hope you all will continue your hard work. Although we made it to Koushien this year, the years after will be harder. Keep up the good work. Don't get lazy, and take care," Miyuki, as ex-captain, made his farewell speech on behalf of the seniors. The rest of the team listened in tears. Tatsune couldn't help but chuckle at Sawamura's tears and snot covered face.

"Sawamura, keep up the good work," Tatsune said with a gentle smile. "You too, Haruichi, Furuya."

"Yes ma'am!" the three rising seniors said. In a blink of an eye, and those three are already becoming seniors. Time really does fly.

At the graduation, the seniors sang the school anthem as tears streamed down their faces. This will be the last time they sing the school anthem. And it may also be the last time they see some of their friends. "Kazuya, Youichi, we'll see each other again right?" Tatsune asked.

"Isn't that a given? Hit me up any time!" Kuramochi replied.

"I can't guarantee I'm OK with any time, but let's definitely meet up often," Miyuki replied with his usual smirk. Tatsune smiled. The three of them pulled in for a final hug.

"Okay break it up. Get your claws off my girlfriend," a familiar voice cuts in. Tatsune laughed when she heard her boyfriend's not so happy voice.

"Ryou-san you get jealous way too easy," Kuramochi commented.

"Oh?" Ryousuke's face turned dark, sending shivers down the shortstop's spine.

"On a second thought, I think you're normal," Kuramochi decided.

"No Mochi, don't give in!" Tatsune said. "Stick to your guts Mochi!"

"Nah I still wanna live," Kuramochi replied. Everyone laughed at that.

A distance away, a few rising second years and third years stood, watching the graduating senpais. Sawamura continued sobbing as Haruichi passed tissues. Furuya...well, was being Furuya.

"So that's Yuuki-senpai's boyfriend," a first year said. "It's my first time seeing him in person."

"Apparently they've been together for three years now," another first year said.

"Aww that's nice. I wish I had a girlfriend," one of them sighed.

"I wonder what it's like," another one dreamed.

"Oh it's nice alright," Furuya muttered.

"Furuya-senpai you have a girlfriend?" a first year gasped.

"Furuya?! Pfft! Of course not!" Sawamura quickly jumps in. "He's as single as a...." And he fails to find a simile. "A rock."

"Rocks can come in pairs as well, Eijun-kun," Haruichi whispered.