Chapter 5

"Tatsune-chan, can I borrow your phone?" a pink haired boy broke the silence. The onyx haired girl retracted her gaze from the firey dusk. She retracted her tongue that was licking the soft served ice cream, and with the hand in her pocket, she pulled out her phone and handed it to the cherry blossom haired boy.

"Why do you need it?" she asked.

"Because it's a smart phone," Ryousuke replied with a sly smirk. He already finished his ice cream, and both hands were free. He flipped through the golden eyed girl's phone, then held it up. "Say cheese!" Before the girl could react, Ryousuke already took a picture.

"Wha-" Tatsune exclaimed. "What was that?!"

"Nothing, I just needed a little proof for becoming official," Ryousuke said.

"Official what?"

"Officially your boyfriend," he finished clicking a few things on her phone, and then turned the screen to show her a post on her Line account. It was a picture of Ryousuke smirking at the camera while Tatsune was licking her ice cream in the background. The words on the post said: 'Now officially boyfriend and girlfriend!'

"Wha-! Since when?!" Tatsune demanded. "I never agreed to that!" The girl reached for her phone, but the older and taller boy just raised the phone in the air to avoid her grasp.

"Since now! I told you this was a date didn't I?" the pink haired boy said. "That makes us official."

"Wait, I thought you were joking!"

"I was being serious the whole way through. See, you even dressed up!"

"But that was because-"

"Because it's a date!"

"S-Senpai!"

"Call me Ryou from now on."

"Wait Senpai we still haven't-"

"Oh right..... I get it. You're mad because I didn't officially ask you out yet. My bad," Ryousuke chuckled. "Tatsune-chan, be my girlfriend!"

"Senpai, that wasn't asking, and why me in the first place?" Tatsune asked. She felt something liquid and sticky run down her fingers, and her attention was drawn back to the ice cream she held. "Ahh! It's melting!" Just as the girl panicked, the boy grabbed her wrist and pulled the ice cream over to him. The pink haired boy licked on the melting ice cream on the first year's hand. A shade of red dusted over Tatsune's cheeks as she felt his tongue glide over her fingers. It was a weird sensation, and it sent a strange feeling in her stomach and her chest. She felt like a thousand butterflies were flying in her inners, tickling her inside out. Her heart was racing to the point where it could burst through her chest any moment, turning her into a bloody mess. However, as her insides were nearly boiling and exploding, her body stood still as a scarecrow.

Ryousuke finished licking the melting ice cream off her hand, and then trailed his tongue to the ice cream on top. He casually finished the ice cream in the cone, leaving Tatsune with an empty cone with a little bit of melty ice cream on the inside. "I'm not really a big fan of sweet, but since it came from Tatsune's hand, I had to lick it up," Ryousuke smirked, not minding the fact that the girl was in a blushing mess.

"S-Senpai....."

"Ryou, I told you to call me Ryou."

"Why...me?"

"Why? Do you need a reason to like your favorite food?" Ryousuke asked.

"That-"

"It's no different Tatsune-chan," Ryousuke laughed. "I simply fell in love with you. I don't need a reason." He let go of her wrist, and trailed that hand to her other hand, holding it in his palms. For such a small man, his hands are big, Tatsune thought. They fully enveloped her tiny hand, and squeezed it with warmth and gentleness. Ryousuke smiled a genuine, gentle smile, not one of those mischievous smirks he'd always show during practice, but a genuine smile.