After She Died

S Y N O P S I S

When you die, where do you go?

Normally, everyone wants to go to a peaceful place. Some want to experience the paradise they have read in books, the place they've created in their thoughts and the place of their satisfaction.

Lyca was just like everyone else. After all, she's a normal teenage girl who happened to die early. It was a horrible car crash and after a long, deep sleep, she woke up. Lyca found herself not in the place she's been rooting herself to be in. After she died, she found herself in a dark, gloomy town.

It's a town of repentance, chance and hope. The souls in there were called the Grim Reapers. They were sinful, vengeful and wicked. That's what she thought (at least), after all their memories were washed off as if sinful souls like them weren't worthy of it at all.

Bodiless, memories gone to oblivion, Lyca struggled as a Reaper. With her rusty old bike while her peers sporting their fancy cars and pretty well-off asses were sending her into occupational stress. Fetching souls, dealing with stubborn ghosts and seniors pressuring her, wasn't an easy job.

She was lost, until she slipped, she fell and found herself under the orange sky, the sun setting down, the stunning reflection of it on the sea, the crowd, the melody of the song, the guitar and— him.

Lyca found herself lost again, but this time in his eyes. Those eyes held her captive for two years. She would watch the human boy as he skillfully sang during sunsets. He was a peaceful view. He's like sunset, so beautiful, so precious, so lovely yet... fleeting.

Because the bummer, he's dying.

Judge Arthur Argon, the living human boy with a beautiful pair of captivating eyes and goofy laugh, shines like a sun. But little did he know he was a sinking sun.

He was like a sunset. Fleeting... ending... setting down and is approaching the darkness.

But the Grim Reaper, Lyca, wouldn't let that.

Risking almost everything, her scythe, her job, she pushed through and resurrected as a living human girl to save him.