Chapter 10: peace

———

"Doc! Emergency!"

Iyakan at sigawan. Magkahalong ingay ang naroon. Mabilis siyang umiwas sa humaharorot na stretcher at pinanood ang pagtakbo ng pasyente papunta sa Emergency Room. Mabilis na sinundan ni Lyca ang pasyenteng iyon. Nang makarating doon pinanood niya ang batang nag-hihingalo habang ang ina nito ay umiiyak sa labas ng kwarto.

"Charge."

"Clear!"

After all, there's no point of running away. Lyca knew that someday, she would wake up with her senses and realised that no matter what, Lyca couldn't change her fate. Reapers should fetch Souls and maybe, they should stick with that.

"Time to work," she breathed.

Yumuko siya sa batang na sa harapan niya ngayon. The little boy was staring straight up to her, with genuine and expressive eyes. Lyca patted his head gently.

"You're a strong boy, Kyle, " she smiled. "Gusto mo na bang sumama sa akin?"

Slowly, Kyle nodded.

She's in the human realm again. It has been two days since she last visited, but it felt like she's been away for quite long. The two days felt like two years actually.

Bukod sa marami siyang inaasikaso. The seminar's still up and she had a lot of sessions yesterday. At isa pa, ang mga braso niya. Hindi na ito namamaga pero nandoon pa rin ang itim na ugat na parang linya ng tinta. Noong nakaraang dalawang araw masakit ito. But now it still hurt but pretty bearable.

Ever since Lyca got this weird mark on her arms, it piqued Lyca's mind. It settled inside her, eventually developed into a gap that she badly needs to fill in.

Ano ang mga linyang ito?

Bakit siya nagkaroon ng ganito?

Lyca tried asking. But the man in front of her when she woke up, never answered. He just stared. His stares were piercing through like Lyca's just some kind of a cheap dart board. Lyca felt weak.

"You summoned your scythe," he said, but that wasn't the answer she expected from him.

Lyca looked at him confused. "Scythe—what?"

Hinablot nito ang mga braso niya at pinisil ito. Agad niyang binawi ito nang nakaramdam siya ng kirot.

"Those lines were the side affect of summoning your scythe. Manghihina, mahihilo. Basically, you're like a human when use it. You'll feel pain and all. And besides, you're a lowly Working Class Reaper. For sure the scythe used up your soul energy."