Chapter 16: reaper

———

———

"I am a Reaper!" Lyca blurted out of frustration. Hindi napansin na napalakas niya pala iyon.

"Ba't ka naninigaw?" Judge's eyes widened while exaggerating an "o" form in his mouth. "Inaano ba kita?"

Napayuko si Lyca nang matauhan kung ano ang ginawa niya kanina lang. "I'm s-sorry... ikaw kasi ayaw mong maniwala sa mga sinsabi ko. Please believe me. I'm really... a grim reaper."

"Alam mo, gutom lang 'yan." After that, Judge stood up. "I'll just order. You good with chicken? Wala ka naman sigurong allergy no?"

"No please, i'm really a reaper--"

Judge cut her off, by holding her hand and placing something over her palm. Her eyes immediately drifted down with a confused look. It was a chocolate bar.

"Mag-snickers ka." Judge said.

What?

"You're not you when you're hungry."

Judge left and headed straight to the counter. Napabuntong hininga si Lyca at napahilig na lang sa upuan niya. She busied herself looking outside over the glass window. It was bright, cloudless and scorching hot.

Bumaba ang tingin niya sa kamay na hawak ang chocolate bar na ibinigay ni Judge kanina. He looked at Judge. He's now talking to one of the cashier. Indeed, Judge has a good heart. Lyca could feel it. Kaya kung anumang dahilan kung bakit siya nandito ngayon, hindi niya iyon pinagsisihan. Whether she's saving him or what, he's worth all the risk.

But the thing was she's alive. It didn't sink in until five hours ago when her watch beep abruptly. She needed to save Judge. Luckily, she was fast. Naabutan niya si ito bago magsimula ang barilan. How'd she knew? Thanks to her watch, it displayed a hologram which she saw the gun-shooting incident beforehand. Judge was shot there. It basically displays glimpse of future events. It's cool and helpful. Shiloh gave it to her.

Speaking of that man, he surely tricked her! After handing her the watch, he just left. Without giving her the explanation she wanted.

Shiloh's amused eyes were on her, smiling like a complete idiot!

"You what?" Hindi makapaniwalang sigaw ni Lyca.

"I resurrected you," Shiloh said that with ease. He even had the audicity to smile at her. "Can you believe that? I resurrected you-- It actually works!"

"Can you believe how crazy that sound?" Lyca exclaimed already hysterical.

"Ang sabi ko sa'yo get Judge out of that death list! Pigilan ang pagkamatay nito... hindi ito!" She closed her eyes out of frustration. "Not make me alive again!"

"Nakakatouch ka naman." Shiloh pouted. "Wala man lang thank you diyan?"

Napapikit siya. "I-i'm sorry. I'm just flustered... a bit."