Chapter 11: scythe

———

Isang kaway ang pinakawalan ni Lyca kay Kyle. Pagkatapos noon ay agad siyang naglakad paalis doon at tinahak ang daang dinaanan nila kanina. Ilang oras na ring tumatakbo sa isip niya ang sinabi ng babae sa library, ang nangyari roon, ang libro at ang matinding sakit na naramdaman sa braso.

That woman in the library seemed to know alot. By the looks of it, she has all the answers to her questions. Maybe she's the certainty in the vast of her confusion.

For the second time around, huge shelves of books welcomed her. Marble tiles seemed to produce a thud everytime Lyca steps on it. Still, there weren't any Reapers around except her. Well that was she thought, until Lyca heard the familiar calm voice.

"You came."

Lyca immediately veered around to find the owner of the voice. Black velvet cloak, mysterious smile— she's the woman. Delicate and subtle, she advanced towards Lyca. She stopped just meters before her, keeping a good distance between them.

With brow slightly arched and eyes seeming to see through, the lady spoke. "Nandito ka ngayon dahil may gusto kang malaman. Now, tell me what do you want to know?"

Lyca swallowed hard. "E-everything."

"I will. " Here it goes again, the mysterious grin. "But before that."

Lyca waited for her to continue.

"Show me your scythe."

Gustuhin man 'yang ipakita ito pero hindi niya alam kung paano iyon gagawin.

"I don't know... how," she said. Honestly the scythe itself was big confusion to her, and now summoning the scythe. How could she supposedly do that? Is there any manuals? Tutorials?

"Do you trust me?"

Lyca looked at her and examined her facial features. Expressive eyes, slightly wrinkled forehead and full lipies. She looked harmless. Lyca could trust her, right?

Slowly, Lyca nodded.

The older walked towards her completely closing their distance. She held Lyca's hands after trailing the black protruding veins on her both arms. As soon as she locked her hands on Lyca. A sudden jolt of pain gushed through Lyca's hands, up to her arms where the black veins were located.

Napaatras siya at sinubukang alisin ang pagkahawak ng babae sa kaniya. But the older was firm, refusing to undo the grip.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked, stuttering because of the continuous flow of unpleasant sensation on both arms. It's painful!