Dinner

Chapter 6- Dinner

I am escorted by him down some stairs and I see a big open doorway. I smell some exquisite food. With our arms linked, he guides me through the doorway. I look up to find the queen and king sitting across from each other at the ends of a huge table. Their is a centerpiece with fresh cut flowers and colorful feathers in the middle of the table, that could probably seat forty people. They have their fine porcelain set out on the table on top of a bright white table cloth. There are several other people I do not recognize. The butler escorts me to the last empty seat at the end by the queen and I sit in front of... Oh my gosh... It can't be... I'm sitting in front if the soon-to-be Prince of England. Why am I so shocked? I'm going to be the Princess of England once I marry this man.

The butler pulls out my chair, and I sit in it. Charles smiles widely at me. He wears a fine tuxedo, and he has a green tie that matches his eyes. His eyes are the same color as mine. He has light brown hair cut just the right way. I smile back, and am sort of attracted to him. Then, I snap out of it.

Queen Chelsea looks at me, "Everybody welcome Charles's galfriend, Arizona Touris!"

The queen whispers over to me, "These are all our distant family members! They eat dinner with us each and every day! Occasionally, we eat with a special guest!"

The other people sitting around the table seem to be couples, and they all cheer and greet me. Each couple sits beside each other, but they are all married. Charles and I are the only ones sitting across from each other, other than the queen and king. I smile shyly. I am not used to so many people around.

A chef comes out with several waiters. The chef is a bit bigger for a regular sized man and he has a gigantic white chef hat. The waiters are dressed in black button-up shirts and black pants with black shiny shoes. They wear white aprons over their shirts. There was about twenty waiters each balancing two dishes in their hands, but the dish was covered up by a shiny silver dome so it'd be a surprise.

"Dinner is served!" The chef announces, he has an Italian accent. As soon as he says that, all the waiters go to two seats beside each other and place a dish in front of the two people.

"Today's dish, in honor of Arizona, is filet mignon with roasted potatoes!" He announces.

The waiters bend over and take the silver domes off revealing a steamy medium-rare steak with perfectly roasted potatoes. My eyes felt like they were coming out of my head. My favorite food! Score!

"Dig in!" The plump chef says.

Then the chef and all his waiters make their way back to where they came from, which I'm guessing was the kitchen.

I snatch the knife and fork from my place mat, and hungrily start cutting away at that steak. I stab a fairly big sized piece of steak and chunk it in my mouth. Juicy! Mmm...
It takes me a while to chew it down, but I manage. My stomach growls loudly, so I dig in more. I do not stop until my plate is empty which doesn't take long for me. I am wiping my mouth with my cotton napkin when I finally look up.

Every single person is staring at me like I have three heads. Oh... I don't think they liked how I was eating... Oh... Some women gasp and some men just stare. I look around at all their faces. Most of the reactions are shocked and disgusted. I look around at each one. I see the king sort of scowl at me, and the queen looks at me distastefully. Then, I notice Charles. What I see makes me crack a smile. He's smirking as if he was impressed on what I did. His smirk changes to a grin. Then I see there is a glass of ice water in front of me. I sip that I think a little too loudly than I was supposed to, because I got some eye rolls directed at me.

I sit up a bit more straight and as their looks still stand on their faces I blush from embarrassment, "Well... Um... Excuse me."

Then everyone goes back to their dishes, mumbling. I sit there, playing with my thumbs, and I feel someone nudge me underneath the table. I look at whose foot that nudged me, and it led to be Charles's. My eyebrows tangle together in curiosity on how come he did that. Maybe on accident...

There! I felt him do it again! I look up at him like 'What in the world are you doing?!'
He smiles at me, and mouths "Good job!" I decide to ignore him since I am not very sure what he is doing.

King Randolph speaks up, "Arizona, how old are you? Just so they can all get to know you."

"I'm eighteen today," I reply.

All of a sudden I hear several different reactions.

"Oh, Happy Birthday, dear!"

"Ooh! Eighteen! Officially a woman!"

"I remember when I was that age."

Queen Chelsea starts to talk to me again, "How was your prepare team?"

"They were very nice! Sasha, Natisha, and KC are perfect for helping me," I compliment.

"They must be perfect for you," Charles says, "You look beautiful."

I think I blush a bit more, "Why, thank you..."

The chef and his waiters come back out and serve my favorite dessert: chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I'm a pure chocoholic! The cake was just moist enough and the icing tasted like they made it from scratch. Pure deliciousness!

After we all have finished, Charles looks at his dad, "May Arizona and I be excused?"

What is he doing? What's he up to?

King Randolph nods and Charles gets up walking over to my side of the table. He holds his hand out politely, and I take it as I rise from my chair. We link arms as we leave the dining room. We walk through a series of halls, and I stumble every once in a while with my heels. He helps support me.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"You will see. We will be pleasing the crowd," he says.

"Pleasing the crowd?"

"Yes, the crowd knows I'm now 'dating' you, and what do you think they want to see?"

I shrug, "The lovebirds?"

"Exactly!" He points out.

"So this whole marriage thing-"

He interrupts, "Only the staff, my parents, and I know about it. No other family members know about the arranged marriage, and so we cannot mention it."

"How come we can't mention it?" I ask.

He sighs, "The couples in the royal family are supposed to represent true love, and an arranged marriage doesn't show a sign of true love..."

"So we have to put on the whole act for the others?" I ask just to make sure.

"Yes."

He leads me to a huge balcony, and I see the gorgeous skyline of London, England.

A/N: Shoutout to the lovely Amongthedreamers for making this banner! :)