The Moment We've Been Waiting For

Chapter 37- The Moment We've Been Waiting For

Bethany, Emerald, Charlie, and I anxiously counted down the days. Time seemed to fly by the last few days. Somedays I would dance with Robin, and others were spent pretending to be in love with Charlie. This week we practiced how I'm going to walk down the aisle. Every time we practiced I always thought, "I won't have to know, anyways. It's Emerald who will be in this position."

Emerald seemed chipper, Bethany was excited, and Charlie was filled with glee. They were ready for the plan. After one practice, something was bothering me and it took me forever to figure out what thing was putting me in this strange mood. Later on, it hit me as if someone smacked me upside the head.

I am going to miss what I had now. I am going to miss Robin. I am going to miss Charlie. I am going to miss seeing my grandmother. I am going to miss Emerald. I am going to miss Queen Chelsea... Ha! I lied on that one. Point is, I am going to miss the people I've met here. After I'm gone, I am going to never see them again. Well, maybe Robin since he leaves after his three-year term, but he'd probably wouldn't want to meet up with me after I am gone. Then, I started thinking on the bright side. I've been missing my brother, Dylan, and Jasper. I will return to them!

It seems like yesterday that I was sitting in detention, unaware of what was to come on the next day. It seems like yesterday that Jasper kissed me. It seems like yesterday that I found out I had an arranged marriage to the prince. That I ate dinner with the Royals. That Queen Chelsea slapped me, That I had a date with Charlie. That I jumped from the waterfall. That I said goodbye to Jasper. It seems that I did all of these things yesterday, but at the same time, it seems ages ago.

Now, I'm being awoken by Bethany and Emerald at four 'o' clock in the morning.

"Get up! It's time!" Emerald whisper-shouts.

My sleepy mind takes a while to process exactly what is going on. Then, my brain begins to cooperate. It is the morning of the wedding!

Quickly, I force my body out of the comfy mattress and into the bathroom. Bethany runs a brush through my wild, tangled hair, and once I am somewhat awake, I try and imagine my hair the color of Emerald's. The though is sort of weird, but the noise of Emerald's feet pacing across the floor interrupts my thoughts.

A smile creeps onto my lips, "Nervous, huh?" To be honest, I am very nervous, but the full nervousness hasn't kicked in yet. Maybe it is because of how tired I am.

Emerald's brown eyes stare at the polished ground. "Very. One, if this doesn't work, all hope is lost. Two, if this does work, I'm getting married. I mean, I am so nervous that I didn't get any sleep! Who knows, it could be the best day of my life or the worst. The anticipation has been killing me this whole week."

Bethany buds in, "Stop worrying. It isn't time to worry yet, Emmy."

"Oh, Bethany, you know even if you say that it isn't going to stop my worrying." Emerald takes a few deep breathes and tries to control her nervousness. "I just... love Charlie... with all my heart, and he is the best human being I have ever met! Charlie comforts me and makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world to know that he loves me just as much as I love him. The luxuries and riches I'd get by marrying doesn't matter to me. It wouldn't matter to me if he was poor and had nothing. It is still Charlie. He gives me everything I need. And..." She begins to get choked up just by talking about him. Her words were cheesy but sweet. I mean, we all need some cheesiness in our lives. It is like how I need cheesy love quotes to make me all giddy, or Robin's cheesy jokes, or some gourmet four cheese mac 'n' cheese. Yes, we all need cheesiness in our lives.

I blink, and my hair is identical to Emerald's auburn hair. Time went by fast. Emerald sits in the chair I was, taking my spot. Bethany gets started on her auburn locks and Emerald stares at herself in the mirror. Those brown eyes of hers engulfed in worry and hope.