This Plan Is Becoming Dangerous

Chapter 34- This Plan Is Becoming Dangerous

"Are you feeling all right, Arizona?" Bethany asks as she leads me through a series of doors and hallways to wherever our destination is.

"Fine..."

"Good, I'm glad the medicine we gave you helped you improve." Bethany speaks even though I don't think she is talking about the illness I had. Yesterday, after she told me she was my grandmother, she left me alone in the First-Aid room so I could think things over alone.

Everything made sense, but at the time, I needed to process the load of information that was dumped on me. I didn't shed a tear because after my crying fest when I first arrived I have vowed to myself that I'm not going to cry anymore no matter how hard things get. No matter how much my emotions want to be let out, I will contain them.

My brain feels fried and my thoughts keep getting tangled together. Why my name is an old American state is because my mom wanted to keep her beliefs living. Why I'm in this situation makes way more sense. Why my parents were killed blows me away. Honestly, my mind hasn't wondered on any other thoughts since Bethany told me this urgent information...

These castle walls are filled with so many lies and false information that it's sickening. How can I keep the secret about my parents inside me? Could I tell Charlie or would he speak of it and possibly get Bethany punished? Oh goshwho knows what would happen if King Randolph or Queen Chelsea found out... would Bethany be safe? I highly doubt...

My grandma, Bethany, notices that I'm in deep thought and she sighs as we walk further through the cold hallways. "Ya know, Arizona, I don't think I really should've told you the truth... maybe it would've been best to not tell you."

I shake my head, "No, I wanted you to tell me... plus, I think I have a right to know, but of course, royalty would take that 'right' away like they've taken everything else away from me. They've taken my parents, taken my freedom to choose who I want to marry, and taken me away from home."

Bethany doesn't speak another word as we enter a large room which I assume is a fitting room. It is filled with ribbons, needles, and fabric. I am just glad that these needles aren't made to pierce my skin, so I am not intimidated. Queen Chelsea, KC, and Emerald stand together while a lady rushes to me and guides me behind a divider.

My straight, emotionless facial expression changes into a giddy, excited smile. I am still trapped in acting like I love Charlie even when there are no camera licenses staring me down. The skirt and blouse I was wearing is pulled off of my body and is replaced by the wedding dress that I chose. The pure white color is beautiful and stunning. The dress is perfect for me, but I don't think the lovely man I am marrying is.

The lady grabs my arm, tugging me towards a pedestal for me to stand on while she grabs some pins. "Ooh, Arizona, that is more beautiful on you than I remember." The queen says, and I smile a bright, fake smile.

"I hope Charles likes it." I comment, acting like a giddy bride on those bridal shows.

Emerald speaks up, "He is bound to love it." Emerald has a smile on her face and it isn't fake. In her mind, she knows she will be the one to wear it, and she knows for a fact that if we succeed, she will be married to the love of her life.

"Thank you... oh, I can't wait until I am at that altar with Charles!" My hands shoot up to the part of my chest where my heart is, and I do a dreamy sigh as if I really loved him. KC isn't reacting much and my eyes kept averting to her to see if she is sending any mental message to me, but she doesn't. Her smile looks real but her eyes are stare at me blankly like she isn't sure what to think.