This Is It

Chapter 29- This Is It

"Arizona! Oh my! Arizona, wake up!"

I let out a groan as I sit up with an ache in my neck and shoulder blades. As I wipe the sleep from my eyes, I hear someone else beside me yawn. Wait... this isn't my room. Charlie and I talked all night about special moments in our lives and what our lives were before this arranged marriage. We must've became so tired that we fell asleep on the soft carpet of his room.

My eyes shift to the woman who woke me up. "Arizona, I have been looking all over for you. Why are you in Charles's room?!" She looks flustered and skeptical.

"It isn't what you think, Mum. We were just talking last night and we grew tired. We both fell asleep, in all honesty." Charlie explains and she accepts the truth.

"Okay, but it better not happen again because we are already getting a late start for our scheduled session for finding a wedding dress. The wedding dress just makes everything come together! It is going to be marvelous." Queen Chelsea grabs my arm and yanks me up, leading me out of Charlie's bedroom. She talks about her wedding dress experience, and I can honestly say I have never seen the woman's face light up like this when she talks. Chelsea seems to be in her own little world ranting about finding her dress, not even paying attention to see if I am listening.

My mind races through several thoughts. I am getting a wedding dress today? How come nobody ever tells me what plans we have ahead of time? This should be really interesting...

Once I return to my room, Emerald, Sasha, and KC are there waiting to get me ready for the day.

***

I barely have my knee-length flower patterned dress on when Bethany barges in, "We have the cars ready for travel! Who will all be riding to the boutique, Madam? I know Charlie isn't attending, will King Randolph be attending?"

Queen Chelsea grips my arm tautly, leading me out of my room and rushing me down the shiny staircases. "No, Bethany. We still have... certain problems to work out." KC and Emerald follow behind Bethany, Queen Chelsea, and me. Emerald stares at her feet, sniffling. Is she going with us? Oh, I hope not. She has to, not only see Charlie all the time, but pamper his bride-to-be.

I picture myself in her position. If Jasper was getting married and I had to hang out with his girl, even if their relationship wasn't real, I would be heart broken! My eyes notice a single tear, but my eyes flick away. I don't want Queen Chelsea noticing; if that happened, well, it would be really bad.

Queen Chelsea continues the conversation, "Emerald will come because she is helping me organize everything, KC is coming because she is the fashion expert of the castle, and you will come, of course, Bethany. Since you helped me with my wedding and picking my dress, I thought you could tag along with looking for Arizona's magical dress."

My eyes roll at her words: 'magical'. The only thing that makes a wedding dress so special is because it is the dress they wear when they marry their true love! That is what makes a wedding dress, a wedding dress! There is nothing special in having a white dress when it means nothing. A wedding dress is a symbol of love and romance which is something, I guess, I've never had. I am a hopeless romantic at times like every girl is at some point in their lives.

We make our way to where the cars are. The queen and I hop into the backseat of one car while Bethany, Emerald, and KC get into the other. I crane my neck to see who is our driver, and it is who I hoped it would be: the crazy, energetic Robin.

"Get this show on the road, Robin! We don't have all day." Queen Chelsea grumbles.

"Yessiree! I mean, yes, your Majesty..." Robin says, goofily as he starts the flying car.