A For Real Work Out

Chapter 19- A For Real Work Out

I dab my napkin at the sides of my mouth. Yummy! Breakfast was extremely delicious today. They served me some chocolate chip pancakes with extra chocolate syrup, bacon, double chocolate chip muffins, and a glass of chocolate milk. I even pretended to let my bacon touch the chocolate syrup when in reality, I was wanting to dip it in the chocolate. If I just bluntly and straightforwardly dipped it... well, the looks I would receive wouldn't be pleasant. It has sort of become easier to follow the eating etiquette the queen taught me. I have done it frequently everyday I've been here.

I noticed that the chocolate-hating lady demanded just regular pancakes and fresh berries from the garden. I couldn't help but laugh when she asked for it, and I don't really know how I found it humorous but I did. Charlie seems in a better mood.

"May Charlie and I be excused?" I asked politely to Queen Chelsea.

She shakes her head, "I have important business to discuss with Charles and you once everyone is finished."

"Oh..." I clear my throat and speak up louder, "Yes, your Majesty."

Charlie and I exchange glances. I can see through his expression that he is thinking the same thing my mind is thinking: What is this going to be about? My mind wanders trying to predict what our discussion will be about. The discussions that I've experienced recently have been pretty mind-blowing, so a funny nervous feeling tingles in my gut. Butterflies? Or is it that I filled my stomach up with so much chocolate? I cannot decide.

A small dainty lady turns to me and stares at me with a huge smile on her face. I notice her and I thought it was a bit strange until she spoke up to me, "I think you and Charles are just the sweetest couple ever..." she says while blushing, "I can tell your relationship with him will blossom into something beautiful!"

I smile, "Why, thank you," my eyes shift to Charlie, "We have become close recently." Well, that's not a lie. I try to not lie as much as I can because I cannot stand lying.

She talks more about how much she adores us as a couple and then it was time for her to go. Couple by couple peel their way from the dining table until it's just Charlie, me, Queen Chelsea, and King Randolph.

"What's was it that you'd like to discuss with us, Mum?" Charlie asks.

Queen Chelsea smooths her dress and looks over at me, "It's about both of you getting into better shape."

"What do you me-" I begin until I'm rudely interrupted.

"I mean, we want you two looking the best you can be for the proposal. Which means you two are going to exercise more and be on a strict diet. No dessert for either of you, and no chocolate for you, Arizona."

No chocolate? That's like taking away someone's dignity! That's like taking away someone's soul! Okay, maybe not that serious, but chocolate is an important thing in life. Besides, I'm already a healthy size for a girl my age. I mean it wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds but it doesn't hurt to gain any. I'm not overweight but I'm not a stick.

"And it's important to learn self-defense as a Royal. We have to be prepared for anything because some psychos can be dangerous if around us even if we have body guards." King Randolph adds.

Queen Chelsea clears her throat, letting King Randolph know she wants to take control of this discussion. "Yes, what he said. You both are going to be doing some activities do get yourselves into a little better shape. I would let you both do this for a month, but we do not have forever to get the proposal ready. The wedding needs to be our main focus and we need to get this wedding done before Charles turns twenty. Time is tight, so we will probably have-"