He's On One Knee

Chapter 25- He's On One Knee

My eyes open wearily to find Bethany, Emerald, Sasha, KC, Queen Chelsea, and many more servants that I have seen around the castle. Sasha and KC literally pick me up out of my bed and rush my sleepy self to the bathroom. I don't even have time to yawn. My room and bathroom is nothing but pure chaos. Everyone is hustling and bustling, rushing to do their specific task. My half-asleep mind automatically thinks: "What is going on?"

"It is the day of your proposal, Arizona." Emerald says as she enters the bathroom. My wheels in my brain slowly began turning, and as they turned, my mind began to wake up. I start to realize that today is the day that I... am getting proposed to today. When I was a little girl, I always dreamt of the day the man of my dreams would get down on one knee and pop me the beautiful question. Sadly, this isnt the man of my dreams, but I can't say that Jasper is the man if my dreams either. As much as I love him and want him now, I can't say that he is my 'dream guy'. To be honest, I had a secret crush on him since I was fifteen. That was around the time that he matured [if that is possible] and he would help Miles and I a lot. My heart began to ache when I saw him with other girls and jealousy would flood through me when he flirted with them. Before I knew it, I had a crush, but unlike all my other crushes, I never got over him. His presence just made me elated.

My gown is practically being ripped off my body, and I am shoved into a steaming hot tub. The hot water makes me cringe, but after time, it makes me comfortable, "What time is it?" I ask while Sasha hands me some coconut shampoo and conditioner.

"Time!" She yells over to another servant who yells the answer to her question. Sasha turns back to me, "It is 5:13:19 or it was when Erica told me."

"Wait, in the morning?" I pretty much scream while massaging shampoo and conditioner in my hair.

"Of course, we cannot get you prepared in time without waking you up this early. It isn't that bad. I wake up at 4:30:00 every morning." She mentions as she rinses my hair.

"I do not know how you stand it," I begin with a yawn, "I need my sleep. I am no 'early bird'."

"Noticed." She states as she finishes rinsing my hair and hands me vanilla scented body wash. Sasha runs off to accomplish a task and I scrub my body.

The room is filled with the noise of people quickly walking around, retrieving objects, and Queen Chelsea constantly yelling orders to her servants. Once I step out of the tub, a robe is slid over my body and Sasha and Emerald lead me to my makeup counter. Emerald fetches the nail painting machine and Sasha begins to dry my hair. Emerald shoves my toes and fingers into the machine and turns it on. Almost at the same time, they both finish and Sasha grabs hold of my hair, Emerald takes out the makeup, Bethany scurries over and gives Emerald assistance while other servants massage my feet. I don't exactly know why, but if they must, I will let them continue.

Queen Chelsea comes in and takes a look at me, "Hurry, ladies! We have to make her picture perfect! We have the proposal, the after party, pictures, and interviews! No time to waste. The press are already arriving and guests will be arriving shortly. It is almost 6:00:00."

***

When I look back into the mirror, I see a beautiful girl. Even though, I already think I am beautiful [not in an arrogant way but in a confident way], but I was... breathtaking. My brain never knew that my beauty level could be that high. Honestly, I didn't know I was capable of... this.

My hair is in perfect ringlets of curls with a pastel green headband, my eyelashes are long and black, my lips are a pretty luscious pink, and my nails match my headband. I assume I will be wearing a pastel green dress. Oh, also, my head is fully healed. The medicine worked perfectly.