Dylan's Sweet Surprise

Chapter 35- Dylan's Sweet Surprise

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

The sound of my heels pounding against the hard, polished floor echo throughout the Sitting Room as I pace anxiously, waiting for Miles to arrive any minute now. I have found myself in the Sitting Room a lot recently in between meals, dance lessons, and talks with the queen about the wedding which seems to be arriving quicker and quicker. The Sitting Room is just a place where I can sit and think through all the events that have been occurring recently.

Emerald and KC talked things through and KC called off the threat, and I think she is going to stay silent about the plan. Emerald is a little worried still about her spilling the details of our plan, but I think if she was going to, she would've done it by now.

Also, I am dying to know how Jasper is doing and if Miles allowed him to stay in my room. That thought has occurred to me of what feels like a thousand times. If he isn't living with Miles, then I want to know where he is living and how he is doing.

Another big detail that never leaves my mind is the whole ordeal with my parents. Does Miles know? I highly doubt because Miles and I told each other everything. Our sibling bond is very close and always will be close, but what if he held all of those details from me? I guess I will have to ask him, but if he doesn't then he will know when I tell him. Is it safe for him to know? I think it is safe, as long as nobody knows that I told him. If Queen Chelsea finds out I know about it, Bethany could get into trouble... I feel like I have to tell Miles, though. It is his right to know just as much as it is mine, but I can't tell him before he proposes to Dylan because it would blow his mine just as much as it did mine.

The door opens, revealing Charlie and my smiling brother. "Miles!" I squeal like a child as I give him a big bear hug. My nose is surrounded with the smell of some kind of rich cologne as he hugs me back, laughing. I hold on tight to him, afraid that if I loosen my grip on him that he will be dragged away from me.

When I finally let him go, I look up at him and his eyes, that our identical to mine, express all of his emotions. He is excited and really nervous, but Miles seems ready to propose to Dylan.

Charles buds in, "Well, I will let you two get catching up."

Once Charlie exits, Miles turns to me. "So, how are you?" His eyes lock on mine and they are concerned for me.

"Fine..."

"No, tell me the truth."

"No, seriously. I'm fine." I state. "Things could be worse, I guess... plus, I think I know a way to get out of this mess..."

Miles listens intently and stares at me as I tell him everything that has happened to me that he didn't know about. Well, mostly everything... One thing I left out for our grandmother's sake. It will be too risky if I told him about it and how I found that information out. It can put her at risk, and I don't even want to dare to risk her.

A moment of silence passes by before he speaks, "Woah..." I could really just smack him upside the head but I am still in awe that he is here so I decide not to, but after all the words he could possibly say, that is the word he allows to come out of his mouth.

"That's it?"

"Sorry... don't really know what else to say... I mean, that's a lot of stuff that has happened in such a short amount of time. So sudden... man, that plan is good, too. Do you think it will work?"

A sigh escapes from my system. "It'll have to work... I mean, there are other solutions but they take a long time..."

Miles stares at me with pity, "I'm sorry you have to go through this... I can't imagine--"