5

I sat in a corner in the maturation area. I was still clutching my bleeding side and leg, each with one hand. The second teen boy was staring at me strangely. Under his stare, I crawled away more into the corner, even if it wasn't possible, I still tried. In the corner of my eye I saw the little girl looking at us before she continued to work on something.

'Oh Seven, please hurry up.'

I closed my eyes and leaned back, my head falling to the side, barely hovering over my shoulder. I heard steps coming nearer.

"Who are you?" the second teen boy asked.

His question was ignored and the footsteps came up to me. A hand was laid on my forehead.

"She's burning up. Lil?"

'Captain Janeway?'

Happy to hear the captain's voice, I wanted to open my eyes and greet her, but it was so difficult. My eyelids were too heavy at the moment.

"Lil, open your eyes, please."

My ears caught some peeping so I guessed that I was being scanned.

"Like I thought. She has a sepsis and immediately needs medications. Seven?"

My eyes opened just a tiny slit. The captain was kneeling in front of me, Seven standing behind her with a box which she opened. She handed something to the captain and she injected me something. They both wanted to start to taking care of my wounds on my waist and leg, but they were interrupted when the first teen boy pulled the captain away a few meters.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"I wanted to make a new proposal", Janeway answered, "and to give Lil medication."

"We've already negotiated. You've seen the hostages. Now give us the deflector as agreed", the Leader demanded.

"Maybe it's hard for you to accept, but you don't have to rejoin the Hive. Our Doctor can remove your implants. You can come with us. You were individuals yourselves not long ago. Children with families. You were abducted and assimilated."

The captain stepped up to the pre-teens.

"I recognise your species. You're Brenari, and you're Norcadian. Do you remember your world?" the captain directed the question to the pre-teens.

"A theta class planetoid. population two and sixty million. Binary suns", the young girl answered.

"And what did it look like when those suns set each night? Can you remember that?" (Janeway)

"Irrelevant! The deflector, now", the Leader interrupted her.

"We need more time. That deflector array is essential to our..." (Janeway)

The Leader grabbed the captain and pushed her against a wall. A forcefield blocked Seven from assisting.

"Captain!" I yelled as loud as I could, regretting that later due to my injuries and the caused pain.

Because I sat up and it caused me the pain in my waist.

"No! Give it to us. Now!"

"Or what? You'll assimilate me? That won't solve your problem. I can't give you Voyager's deflector, but maybe we can repair your technology."

"Clarify", the Leader demanded.

"Seven knows a good deal about Borg systems", Janeway mentioned.

"You have two hours." (Leader)

"I don't know the extent of the damage. It could take longer", Seven complained.

"Two hours or your hostages die. Beginning with her", the Leader said.

He pointed to me and I pressed myself more into the wall.

"And don't come back here, Captain", the Leader warned.

I watched as the captain walked out of the maturation area and around a corner into the next corridor. A hand grabbed my arm and pulled me forcefully onto my feet. I yelped when the leader yanked me away from the maturation area. Seven followed us when he lead us to another room, where Seven would have to start working. I was pushed and stumbled because of that and I fell to the ground. My wounds were burning like fire and my eyes were tearing up. The leader turned and saw the box.

"What is that?" he asked.

"The medication for her", Seven answered.

The leader grabbed it and walked out of the room.

"She needs it, she's already sick!" Seven yelled but he didn't come back.

So I did what came first into my mind.

"Seven, please. Just help them and repair their ship as much as you can", I tried to convince her.

I supported my weight with my arms. I kneeled and stood up with me leaning my body into the wall.

"And I will help you", I said.

Seven shook her head.

"No! You're laying down and rest. Damnit you have bad injuries", she reasoned.

"But you will need help if you want to manage finishing the repairs. So I'm going to help you, if you like it or not!"