II 17

Lil's POV

When Vorik grabbed my face, I definitely felt something, I didn't know if it was pain or something else. But it was definitely a pull there. And I could see invisible bonds in my head, which slowly formed and lead over to Vorik. I must have looked like I would be screaming, but there was no sound coming from my throat. I closed my eyes. I could feel his eyes lingering on my face.

Suddenly I felt someone pulling us apart. I opened my eyes again and saw B'elanna punching him into his face, causing him to stumble back, before I stumbled myself and fell back, welcoming the darkness.

No ones POV

[On the Sickbay]

"Here are the results of his cortical scan", Kes said to the doctor.

"So what's wrong with him?" B'elanna asked.

"In addition to a dislocated jaw, Ensign Vorik seems to be suffering from a neurochemical imbalance", the doctor reported.

"Meaning what?" B'elanna wanted to know.

"I believe I should discuss that with the patient privately." (the doctor)

B'elanna turned to leave, but came back.

"Can I take Lil with me?" she asked.

The doctor nodded and injected medicine into Lil's neck what caused her to wake up. She groaned before she was picked up by B'elanna.

"I think I really could use the fresh air now", Lil murmured.

B'elanna left with the girl in her arms. The doctor then turned to Vorik again.

"You're going through the Pon farr, aren't you?" he asked.

"That's an extremely personal question, Doctor", Vorik said.

"Yes, I'm aware that Vulcans prefer to keep their mating practices very much to themselves. There's almost nothing in the medical database beyond a few observations made by Starfleet doctors over the years. Your symptoms, the chemical imbalance and loss of emotional control, are consistent with those observations. Have you been eating and sleeping normally?"

"I knew there was something wrong. I was hoping it wasn't this."

"I assume this is your first Pon farr? There's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a normal biological function. I'll do what I can to help you through it, but I'll need a little more information."

"We do not need discuss it", Vorik said a little bit more serious.

"I'm afraid you'll have to. You have a severe imbalance in your brain chemistry. If it gets much worse, it could become life threatening. Now I need to know how Vulcans deal with this condition."

"We go home. Every seven years of our adult life, Vulcans experience an instinctual, irresistible urge to return to the homeworld and take a mate."

"But in your case, being stranded halfway across the galaxy, that's impossible."

"Yes."

"So then logically, you try to find a mate here. I assume that explains your behaviour toward Lil."

"Since I met her I have always had great admiration for Lil. I hope she isn't too upset with me. And B'elanna since she was the one who found us like this."

"With Lieutenant Torres, upset is a relative term. In any case, we're going to have to try to find another way to treat your condition. Let's start with a microcellular scan."

"No!" Vorik exclaimed more angrily, "I don't want medical treatment. I will resolve this myself."

"How do you intend to do that?"

"There are certain meditative techniques. I will be fine if simply left alone. Please, allow me to return to my quarters. Confine me there, if you wish, but allow me to resolve my situation privately", the Vulcan spat.

"Until I have a better idea of how to treat your condition, I'll release you to your quarters. You'll be under confinement and wearing a cortical monitor at all times. Day and night", the doctor ordered and put the cortical monitor under the Vulcan's ear on his neck.

"Thank you."

The doctor watched him walk out of the sickbay.