12

"Lil!" Seven yelled.

Lil fell unconscious.

"Seven to captain Janeway. We need to get beamed to the sickbay! Lil fell unconscious and she already coughed up blood."

"Understood."

The little group was beamed to the sickbay.

"Computer activate the EMH."

"Lay her down here", the doctor ordered, "and Harry there."

He pointed to two beds.

"Seven, take care of Harry while I'll help Lil. She's in a worse condition than him."

The drones watched as the doctor worked on Lil.

Captain's log, supplemental. Lil and Harry are recovering in Sickbay, and the rest of the away team is safe and sound. As for the drones, the Doctor's removed most of their implants, leaving us with four very troubled children.

[In the Ready room]

"We've sent out calls to any Brenari and Norcadian ships that might be in the vicinity, but we haven't gotten any responses so far, and we're still trying to figure out where the other two came from. It may take a while", Janeway told Seven.

"They could use the time. They have a great deal to learn." (Seven)

"It might help if they had someone around who knew what they're up against", Janeway stated.

"I've never been responsible for children. Mister Neelix would be a wiser choice", Seven guessed.

"From what I've seen, you're the one they've established a bond with. They'll be looking to you for guidance." (Janeway)

"Perhaps I could help them avoid some of the obstacles I've encountered." (Seven)

[At Cargo Bay two]

"Do we have to regenerate now?" Mezoti asked.

"Yes, but first..." (Seven)

She handed out PADDs to the kids.

"I was able to salvage your assimilation profiles. They include your names and some limited biographical data", Seven told them.

"Icheb. My name was Icheb."

"Your name is Icheb", Seven said.

"I remember now. It was my father's second name", Icheb said.

"My designation is Mezoti. It's a pretty name."

"Yes it is, and it's all yours. Azan and Rebi. I'll tell you more about them tomorrow", Seven said.

She took back the PADDs and the children got into their regeneration chambers.

"Computer. Decrease ambient lighting by sixty percent."

"Seven?" Icheb suddenly spoke up.

"What is it?"

"The girl. I want to see her", he said.

"Of course. But not until tomorrow. Now regenerate."

She went to the doors and turned around.

"Good night. Sweet dreams."