II 24

[In the Cave]

Lil was curled up in a corner, covered with cuts and had a hurt ankle, when Icheb caught up to her and found her. He walked up to her and embraced her in a light hug. Just then he saw her tear stained face.

"Where are we?" Lil asked sniffling.

"Still stuck in the cave, I'm afraid", Icheb said.

"The caves? The gallicite. Where's my tricorder?" Lil sat up.

"No. We're not looking for the gallicite anymore. We're trying to get back to the ship, remember?"

"No, I don't."

The rockfall was broken through from the other side.

"Are you two all right?" they heard Chakotay suddenly say.

"Lil needs help", Icheb said, pointing to her injuries, "We've got to get her out of here."

He wrapped an arm around her waist and she wrapped one around his neck as support. She limped with Icheb behind the others outside.

[On the Planet's surface]

Lil sat down on a big rock at the cave's entrance, breathing a bit heavy.

"Chakotay to Voyager. Please respond. ... Still nothing."

"What's the matter? Why aren't they answering?"

"There must be some kind of communications problem. I'm sure they'll clear it up soon."

"It may not be soon enough. I am concerned about the rapid progression of Lil's symptoms. You must help her now, Icheb. If she does not resolve the Pon farr, she will die", Tuvok said.

Chakotay, Tuvok and B'elanna left them alone. Icheb looked at the girl who looked back at him.

"Lil, I know this is a pretty bizarre situation, probably not what either one of us had in mind, but it's too late to worry about that now."

"Icheb."

"Yes, Lil?"

"Be quiet."

She lead him away, then nuzzled his neck and inhaled his scent, before she grabbed his face like Vorik did with her, only she did it more gentle.

"So what now?"

"Instinct."

"I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do", Icheb whispered.

"Let the instinct take over", Lil whispered back, their noses a few millimeters away.

She started to kiss him from the base of his ears over his jaw to his lips. He nuzzled her neck and grabbed her waist tightly when she reached his lips. She then pushed him to the ground gently, laying on top of him.

"Would it damage my system?" Icheb's murmured.

"No", Lil whispered into his ear.

He rolled them around so that she was laying on her back and him leaning half over her. Then when he wanted to kiss her and already leaned down, he suddenly was lifted up, thrown away and Lil got grabbed in the face by Vorik just like he first did. Lil screamed a silent scream. Like she did the first time.

"You are my mate, not his!" he yelled.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with difficulties.

"I've come to claim you, to fulfill our bond, and if necessary, to face my rival. Lieutenant Tuvok!"