21

I can't breathe!!!! The water splashes all around me, flowing over the tub onto the old stained floor. Hands wrapped around my neck pushing me under.

"Stop it!!! You're going to kill him!" Mothers scratchy voice pierces through the water.

"Get out!" The darker voice growls tightening his hold.

"We need the money if you kill him now how will we get our booze??"

"I don't care! He stepped on my boots!"

"Fuck your boots you prick!" Mother screams. Suddenly my head is surfaced above the water with nails dogged into my head full of hair.

"Go to bed you little shit." Mother growls leaving the bathroom. I look on the floor to see my father on the floor with a big bump above his temple. My little feet patter against the cold floors into the closet called my room. No air circulation just a mattress with plates of moldy food and dirt stained stuffed animals. Even though it stinks really bad and sometimes there's bugs covering the old food it's a safe place for me. It's best when they forget about letting me out to use the bathroom or to get washed up when the special people come to check up on me because I won't get no more booboos, no more red liquid, and no more stinky breathes!!! Days and days would pass until one of them notices me.

"You're still alive you, huh?" Father questions taking a swig of his nasty drink. I nod my head and watch him get up from the chair heading towards the door.

"Come on you got practice you little piss."

I grab my bag and jog after him towards the car and buckle up. Few minutes later we arrive at my school and head towards the field. After getting tackled, and tackled, and tackled my father grabs me by the arm taking me behind the school where the quarterback of my team stands.

"Quit the team or else I would beat your ass until I make you quit." He growls stepping close to me with clenched fist.

"Tell him no Robin." Father growls.

"N-no-"

PUNCH

"Ow!" I scream holding my cheek.

"Fight him Robin! Kick his ass!" Father says pushing me into the kid.

"I-I can't daddy it hurts!" I cry.

"You're a such a disappointment Robin! Do something right in your life and stop whining!" Dad yells. I go to through a punch but the kid grabs my fist and punches my chest.

"You are so pathetic! He hit you like it was fucking nothing you piece of shit! Stand up to yourself or no dinner for the next few days!" Father screams.
I try to fight him back but each hit was blocked and traded for another punch. After each painful hit my father stops the kid shooting him away and grabs my hair dragging me to the car in silence. Once we reach home he shoves me into the closet for the rest of the night.

Early in the morning I check the doorknob to see if it is locked, it wasn't thankfully. I sneak down the hallway past my parents room and into the kitchen. Looking into the bare cabinets I see and opened pack of poptarts, but it will do. Bite after bite I finish the poptarts, it was stale but it helped with my hunger some.

Step

Step

Step