Epilogue

Above the Kurosaki Clinic the air twisted and warped as a portal opens. Out of the vortex of power and sky the Tscheapwhetzar emerged, followed closely Lapis Lazuli, Castiel, Bill Cipher, Kelsier, and Jason from Beyonders. The Tscheapwhetzar's customary cloak whipped in the night breeze as he looked down at the little home and business. From beneath his hood he cracked a crooked smile.

"I'm not used to this whole walking in the air thing," Lapis moaned as she clutched the Tscheapwhetzar's tattered garb.

"But you can fly on your own," Jason exclaimed.

"That's with wings! This feels... unnatural," Lapis protested.

"I don't know. I think I could get used to this," Kelsier laughed. "It would definitely widen the possibilities of my Steel Pushing and Iron Pulling."

Lapis ignored him and continued, "And this place feels so different from what I've seen and known. It feels... Darker. Violent."

"My kind of party," Bill remarked, enthused.

The Tscheapwhetzar put an arm around Lapis and said softly, "Don't worry. I'm here, you won't fall. And I am glad that you can feel the difference between this world and your own. Most Crossovers, even Lords, never feel the difference between the many planets and stories in the Realms of Imagination, but residents like yourselves can. You easily recognize the differences between worlds. I wish I could do that as quickly."

"There is no lord, but the one, true God," Castiel muttered under his breath.

"Quite right there, Cass, but you'll need to expand your understanding in order to keep up. I'm not here to talk theology, but the very Essence of world building here in the Realms."

The gathering watched their leader expectantly. Except for Bill who floated and spun around slowly, talking about how Japanese kanji were actually miniature aliens from another dimension. The Tscheapwhetzar laughed at the once king of the Nightmare Realm and he looked down at Lapis.

"I see the question in your mind: why did I bring you all here?"

"It had crossed my mind," Jason voiced.

"Sorry for tearing you away from the ball and your lovely Corrine, but let's face it, Trensicourt has tons of balls. Now, I brought you all here to witness what it's like when I invade a story and form a new timeline. I have already done the same with your own worlds, but then you were the actors. This time you will be the audience. But first, let me tell you a little something about this world."

Kelsier yawned, "You are just like the Drifter, all about telling stories."

"It's what I do."

"It's his thing," Bill quipped, sounding like an overgrown orc.

The Tscheapwhetzar let go of Lapis, though she continued to hold onto his cloak, and he drew forth from his pocket a handful of dirt and began to pour it slowly in the air. He looked at the group he had brought with him to Karakura Town and began his tale.

"Just two months ago, the last war between two of this world's greatest powers came to close. For a thousand years, the Soul Reapers of the Soul Society, kind of like angels," he said, nodding to Castiel, "fought against the Quincy, or rather humans gifted divine powers. The leader of the Quincys, Ywach-"

"Blasphemy," Castiel seethed with a sharp breath.

"Ywach," the Tscheapwhetzar emphasized, "was an all powerful Quincy who sought to destroy and merge the dimensions of the World of the Living, which you see before you, the Soul Society, or heaven, and Hueco Mundo, which is a kind of hell. By doing this, he hoped he could avoid the eventuality of death. However, he was stopped by one Ichigo Kurosaki, a young boy with Soul Reaper powers. He also happens to live in the building right under our feet."

"You mean the lanky teen with the spiky, orange hair, gangly body, and permanent scowl," Bill demanded.

"The very same."