[like]

Today's the day. It's the Christmas (Taehyung's) party. Jungkook and Taehyung still haven't made up at this point but hopefully, today is the day that Jungkook can make it up to his brother. He'll explain the whole situation and hopefully, this can be sorted out with no issues. The only tears that Jungkook will accept today are happy tears.

All of the hyungs come to Jimin and Taehyung's apartment and start getting all of the preparations for the party ready. Taehyung is out to get the balloons, which just so happened to be from Busan. So Taehyung will be gone until the actual start of the party. Seokjin opens all of the chafing dishes filled with food that he prepared earlier today and last night as well. Namjoon and Hoseok decorate the house with the color scheme that Taehyung wanted but they also added different shades of green because that's his favorite color, or at least one of them. Yoongi...Yoongi is nowhere to be found in the living room because he went to Jimin's room to take a nap.

Once everything is set, the time has come when Taehyung will come home soon. "Alright everyone. I picked up the cake last night. All we have to do is put the candles on it and light it," Jungkook dictates. They all nod in response to him and start huddling behind Kookie as he strategically places the candles on the cake. "Can someone get Yoongi? He can't miss this."

"I'll get him!" Jimin exclaims and runs down the hall to retrieve the missing hyung.

"Okay. Someone call or text Taehyung and ask when he'll get here so that we can 'start the party.'"

"Already way ahead of you," Namjoon chimes in. "Texted him about a ten minutes ago and he said he's at the train station and it's about ten minutes from the station to here. We should get ready now. Light the candles and turn off the lights."

Jungkook nods.

"He's here!" Jimin drags his hyung by his arm. "It took awhile since he was knocked out but I convinced him to get up for TaeTae!" He beams with pride as he winks at Jungkook because he feels accomplished for not screwing something up.

They all huddle around Jungkook who's holding the lit cake, turn the lights off, and stand near the door as they hear Taehyung on the other side fumbling with the doorknob. As they hear the click and turn of the knob, they start singing, "Saeng-il chukahamnida, saeng-il chukahamnida. Saranghaneun Taehyung... Saeng-il chukahamnida!"

While they sing, they witness a surprised Taehyung open the door and turn on the lights. He lets go of the balloons as they sing and covers his mouth in shock. Once they finish the last line, the hyungs notice tears welling up in the maknae's eyes as he blows out the candles.

"Yay! Surprise Taehyung!" They shout in discordance.

"But...but my birthday isn't until next week," he says in nothing louder than a whisper.

"Well, we thought about it and we didn't want you to celebrate your birthday on a pretty hectic day since it's the day before New Year's. We wanted to focus on just you and since we're also gonna do something special on your actual birthday, why not throw a party a little early for our special maknae?" Jimin smiles.

"But isn't today our Christmas party?" He asks, still dumbfounded by the kind gesture of his hyungs.

"Silly. We're celebrating Christmas tomorrow. Bangtan style," Namjoon states and puts on a pair of sunglasses only to have them snap in half. All of them laugh at his clumsiness.

"So you guys made me go on a wild goose chase planning this? All for nothing?"

"Of course not!" Seokjin rushes to the younger boy and pulls him in close for a hug. "You planned your own party," he chuckles.