[never mind]

Sitting at a table near the back of the shop, Yoongi and Jimin quietly sip on their beverages and watch the people go by. There's the regulars; the people that go on occasion; and there's people here for their first time, like them. An idea pops into Yoongi's mind and he smiles sweetly. "You know what I like to do when I'm alone in a crowded room?"

There's that sweet, sugary smile of his, Jimin thinks. I wish he would smile more often, but recently, there's nothing to smile about. He shakes his head. "Aniyo. What is it?" Jimin's a bit intrigued at what his hyung is about to say. Out of the entire group, he can't seem to figure out Yoongi. It's not that he's a different person everyday, but there's something mysterious about him. He's not keeping secrets either, but he's just evasive. He's evasive in a subtle way and it makes it difficult for Jimin to get a feel on him. Usually, he's very good at this but Yoongi is the one person he doesn't know.

Yoongi connects his eyes with Jimin's sad brown ones. "I like to people watch. I like to observe people and wonder what's going on in their minds and what could be happening in their daily lives. It's fascinating because everyone's got a story to tell and each one is exciting."

Jimin's mind reels as he's shocked by his hyung's response. Not only did he not expect this but he's shook by the fact that they're similar people. He watches Yoongi's eyes light up with intrigue as he explains how he does this and how they're not assumptions but just stories, theories even. "I like to people watch too," Jimin whispers. Yoongi looks at him with a smile. "I don't know why, but it gives me comfort."

"I like to see what kind of stories I can come up with just by glancing at someone's facial expressions." Yoongi scans the room and motions towards the man staring out the window near the front. "You see that man? I think he's having trouble with his job."

Jimin cocks his head to the side. "Why his job?"

"Look at the way he longs to be somewhere else and how he wishes he was in a different situation or circumstance. See his suitcase?"—at the man's feet rests his suitcase—"he just got out of work and wants to unwind before he goes home. He's worried about work because he hates his job. The creases on his forehead show that he's stressed, but you can tell he does it for his family. Now from this distance, I can't see a ring on his finger, but there's definitely someone he does this job for; if it's not his family, it's his parents. Someone is on his mind and that's why he stays, but there's been talk in the office that they might let go of some workers and he's worried he's one of them."

Shaking his head, Jimin states, "But what if it's not about work?"

"Then what can it be about?"

Jimin glances at the man and ponders. What could it be about? "You know what? Fine. I agree with you. I don't have a solid argument against you."s

Yoongi smirks triumphantly. "It's not even a competition because we're just people watching."

"I know, but it's fun poking holes in your argument." Jimin folds his hands together and places them underneath his chin. The slightest of smiles creeps onto his face and Yoongi smiles even brighter than before.

"Okay Mr. Wise Guy. Your turn then," he challenges.

"Alright. Bet." Jimin scans the room for someone to glance at and someone just a few tables down catches his eye. Two little boys—the oldest one isn't any older than eight/nine years old—with their mom at the table and both of them are drinking iced teas. "See that family right over there," he motions with his lips. "I think the mom wanted to get coffee after they've been shopping around, shown by the bags below the table. I believe she works and this was her day off today. She just wanted to spend time with her boys and so she treated them out for the day. They went to the mall and shopped a bit and they're about to go home, but she decided to treat her kids to one more thing." He glances over to the children. "You see the taller one? I think he's the older of the two because of the way the other one looks at him. You can tell he's the older one since the smaller one looks up to him with adoration. Their relationship is pure and innocent."

Yoongi glances at Jimin, a bit concerned about what he's saying.

"The little boy trusts his hyung. He looks up to him. Look," Jimin tugs at Yoongi's sweater. "Look at how he's listening intently to whatever story or adventure his hyung is telling him. Look at the wonder on the younger boy's face and how his eyes widen just from sheer imagination and fascination. It's the most beautiful thing in this world. He loves his hyung and so he believes in everything he says; his hyung loves him too and so he makes sure to protect him..."

Boldly, Yoongi reaches over the table and wipes the tears that are falling down Jimin's cheeks. He's seen Jimin cry before, but he's never seen him cry like this. This just confirms his assumption: Taehyung. As Jimin realizes what's happening, he quickly moves his face to the side and pouts angrily.

Yoongi's hands remain in the air for a couple more seconds before he places them in his lap. He hesitates before he asks, "D-do you want to—"

Before he could even finish, Jimin snaps, "No. I don't want to talk about it."

Saving himself, Yoongi explains. "I was just gonna ask you if you wanted to leave now cause it's getting late. But what don't you want to talk about Mochi?" Yoongi knows but he just hopes that Jimin will just open up to him for once. Just once. He wants to listen to everything that's placing a heavy burden on his heart.

Jimin's cheeks flush a bright red and he looks down. "Mian haeyo, hyung. I...I didn't mean to talk back at you like that,"—he raises his head and makes eye contact with his hyung—"but never mind about what I said. It's nothing." He gets up and throws away his cup. "Come on. We can't be late to dinner. Seokjin hyung will have our asses if we roll in late."

Giving a tight-lipped smile, Yoongi gets up and walks out the door. "What do you mean? He'd have our asses for dinner if we're late!"

Jimin turns around and smirks. "If he's into that, that is."

Wide-eyed, Yoongi smacks Jimin on the shoulder. "Mochi!" He chastises him but laughs instead and Jimin joins in too. Once Yoongi hears the sound of Jimin's laughter, he can't help but cry as well because he hasn't heard that beautiful sound in weeks. He wants to cherish this moment and hear the sound that's been missing from the group for weeks. He's been deprived of Jimin's laughter and it's just wonderful to hear him enjoy even just a couple of minutes of his life. He wants Jimin to feel like this more often and for the rest of his life. He doesn't want this bitter and angry Jimin; he wants the old Mochi and he's just one step closer to bringing him back.

---------------------------------------------