[RUN]

Taehyung continues to run as if he knows all of Seoul like the lines on his palm. He doesn't really remember how to get back to the house, but he just pulls up the GPS on his phone and follows the path straight back to Jimin, his only friend. He takes his key out and unlocks the door. Once he sees Jimin get up from his seat, he rushes towards his hyung and wraps him in the tightest and longest hug they've ever shared. Taehyung cries for what feels like hours and Jimin just strokes the boy's hair as he hushes him.

"Now, can you tell me what happened?" Jimin inquires gently. He still has the younger boy in his arms.

So Taehyung spends the next two hours telling Jimin about his plans to surprise his hyung and then the phone conversation he overhears from "Jungkook." Finally, he does the big reveal where Jungkook really isn't Jungkook but a man by the name of Baekhyun.

"Wait what? He's really not your brother?" Jimin rubs his face with his hands and just seems overall confused. "But I thought he was the nicest guy. I really thought he was your brother..."

"That's what I thought too!" Taehyung cries out. "What am I supposed to do? This guy told me that my actual brother paid him to do this espionage crap to watch over me. Why would he do it?"

"My guess is good as yours, TaeTae. But here's one thing I do know: spring break starts tomorrow. How about we go on a vacation? Just you and me?" Jimin rubs comforting circles on Taehyung's back.

He sniffles. "C-can we bring the other hyungs? I-I think it'd be more fun that way..." Taehyung stutters.

"Are you sure? I mean, I have no problem with that, but they were slightly affiliated with this plot." Jimin's voice of reason breaks through Taehyung's stupor, but it doesn't change his mind.

"Ye. They never wanted to be part of it, but because my brother is their friend, they did it for him. I love my hyungs. I want them to come; I want them to know that I'm not mad at them." Taehyung wrings his hands together and continues to cry as the truth sinks in deeper into his mind and body.

Jimin takes both of his thumbs and wipes the tears from his cheeks. "Hey...why don't you take a shower and start packing? Maybe it'll help clear things for you. I'll call up the other hyungs and tell them the plan. It's a good thing you invited the other hyungs, so then we can get Seokjin hyung to drive." He half-heartedly smirks so that he could lighten up the mood and he hopes it works on the boy and it surprisingly does.

"You're right. Yoongi hyung has his license as well but he's too lazy to drive us anywhere."

"Exactly." He musses up Taehyung's hair. "Now go shower. You reek."

"Whatever Jimin." He sticks his tongue out and leaves.

Just then, a knock on the door startles Jimin and he goes to open the door only to scowl at the visitor.

"Where's Taehyung?" The voice asks worriedly.

"Don't you think you've done enough damage to my best friend?"

"I never meant to—"

"Yeah, well you did anyways. I never want my best friend to feel pain ever again and I thought I could trust you with Taehyung, but I guess I thought wrong. Clearly, I shouldn't trust just anyone with my best friend."

"If you just let me explain the whole situation..."

"Here's the thing: you fucked up. Jungkook fucked up. I don't think there's any saving your relationship with Taehyung. And as for Jungkook? His real brother? Well, he can kiss his chances goodbye because he just messed up the only thing he had left with Taehyung. Riddle me this: why?"

"Hyung!" Taehyung shouts from the bathroom.

"Yes TaeTae?" Jimin yells back before he redirects his attention to Baekhyun.

"Look, I can explain everything if you just meet me at my apartment tonight. Here's the address." He gives Jimin a slip of paper. "Be there if you want to know the truth."

"Where's the soap? I can't find it!" Taehyung responds.

"You need to go." Jimin pushes Baekhyun out of the door, closes it, and lets out a huge sigh. "Hold on TaeTae! I'll get it for you!" He rushes up the stairs and hands Taehyung the soap and goes to the room he shares with Taehyung. He lets out a cry. What's he supposed to do now? He wants to know why this man, Jungkook, decides to mess around with his best friend's heart. I need to find out what's going on, but I can't leave TaeTae at his time of need... I don't know what to do... But then, Jimin has an idea. Running out the door and into the study, he dials a number.

"Yoongi hyung?"

"Ye?" By the sound of his voice, it sounds like Yoongi was asleep before he answered the phone.

"Do you think you and the other hyungs could come home tonight? I know you guys have been staying at the studio, working on the album and stuff, but we need you back at home."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Taehyung and I found out about Baekhyun."

There's a pause on the other side of the line. "W-what does Taehyung think of us?"

"He's not mad at you guys. He's just mad at Baekhyun and his brother. He loves you guys and wants to invite you all on our adventure for spring break. We can talk about the details of the trip tonight when you come. Just please, can you please come home? He needs all of the support he can get."

"Say less. I'll explain the situation to the others and we'll be right over."

"Thank you hyung. I'll see you soon." Jimin walks back into the room and sees Taehyung curled up in a ball. He sits down next to the lifeless body on the bed and rubs his arm. "So guess what?"

"What?" He deadpans.

Jimin cringes at the unenthusiastic response from the usually bubbly Taehyung. "I asked the hyungs to come back home so that it'd be easier for us to leave tomorrow. Is that good with you?"

Taehyung sits up. "Really?"

He smiles. "Yeah. They're coming over soon, so why don't you pick out a couple of movies you want to watch? I need to run to the grocery store to buy stuff for tonight's dinner and all day tomorrow. I'll be back as soon as I can, okay? Your hyungs will be here in about ten minutes so just let them in when they get here." He places his forehead against Taehyung's and leaves his room.

Jimin grabs a coat, puts his shoes on, and bolts out the door. He runs to the other side of Seoul and finds Baekhyun's apartment with ease. Thank God for technology. Taking two steps at a time, Jimin climbs up to the ninth floor and goes to the left. He bangs on the door until a hopeful Baekhyun opens the door.

"You actually came," he sounds relieved and even happy.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." He points at Baekhyun's chest which takes him aback.

"Actually, I do," a voice in the kitchen says. When Jimin looks towards the source of the voice, he immediately recognizes him. Jungkook.

---------------------------------------------