Chapter 3: He's Not my Mate*

EMERY POV

I was trying to get him off of me when my dad came to the door. Oh thank god! He looked at the two of us. “Is there a problem here?” 

“Yes daddy, this assho…” I said but Nolan got in front of me, cutting me off. 

“No sir there is no problem.” 

“Ok, who are you exactly?” he said skeptically. 

“I’m Nolan Grey. Emery’s mate.” 

I smacked my head with my hand. “Daddy he’s not my mate!” 

“Hush Emery. He is, I can sense the pull between you two.” he said smiling at Nolan. 

“Daddy…”

“Emery.“ he glared at me. He turned back to face Nolan, “Nolan was it, won’t you come in?” 

“Sure.” Nolan grinned. Before stepping into my house he turned and smirked at me. “Coming, mate?” he winked. 

I scowled at him. He was not my mate! I sighed before following him into the house and shutting the door. My dad lead us into to the kitchen where my mother was looking at take out menus. “Honey,” my dad said, “Emery had someone that she wants you to meet.” 

“No I don’t mom.” 

“Emery’s mate, Nolan Grey.” He said.

My mom instantly dropped what she was doing and looked at us. She smiled brightly, tears filling her eyes. “Aw my baby girl found her mate!” She walked over to Nolan, hugging him tightly. “I’m Lisa, Emery’s mother.” 

“Hey, I’m Nolan.” he smiled. 

“Emery you got lucky with this one, he is hot!”

“Mom please!” 

“What it’s the truth.” she said innocently. I rolled my eyes. “Emery,” my mom smiled creepily at me, “why don’t you go show Nolan your room?” 

“For what?” I said annoyed. 

“Because we want him to feel comfortable in our house. This is his 2nd home now.” my dad replied, urging me on to take him to my room. 

“Fine!” I groaned. “C’mon.” I stomped up the steps and walked down the hallway to my room with Nolan behind me.  “My room.” I huffed as I plopped down on the bed. I was so frustrated right now. First, I meet this guy that seems like he’s pretty cool. But then he turns around and pratically rapes me in his car. Then he comes out of nowhere telling my parents that he’s my mate. He isn'tmy mate! He couldn’t be! When you meet your mate it’s suppose to be like love at first site or something right?