Chapter 14: Teasing, Help Me*

It seems like everyone hates Nolan right now. But i think your gonna start liking him, maybe not in  this chapter but in the next few chapters.  P.S. didnt really know what to name this chapter so thus the name that is has now. anyway enjoy! =) 

                                                                   EMERY’S POV 

It had been a week since I stopped talking to Nolan and I met Jake. Today was Friday and I couldn’t be more excited. My mom and dad were coming home from their two week vacation on Sunday, plus Jake and I were supposed to be spending some time together this weekend. 

I wasn’t sure exactly what we were. Maybe we were boyfriend and girlfriend but a part of me just didn’t want that. That little part still clung onto Nolan, clung to the idea that he would accept the fact that we were mates and actually want me. Even though I knew that being with him would probably hurt me, I would go through the pain 1,000 times over if that meant that I got to be with him. 

I felt the person next to me tap my shoulder. I shook my head, clearing out all my previous thoughts. I turned towards the person. They pointed to the clock so I turned my head to face it. I saw that class was over so I smiled at the person, thanking them. I gathered my books and things into my bag before standing up and walking out of the classroom. 

It was lunch so I walked down to my locker to put some of my things away. I opened it up and checked myself in the mirror. I had bags under my eyes that I had covered with make up but were still slightly visible. I frowned, I hadn’t had those since I first moved here. They seemed to disappear when I found Nolan. But now that were not together, they’ve come back. 

I sighed as I slammed my locker shut. I turned to the right to see Lexi making out with Zayn, her back pressed up against the locker and his hands on her ass. I walked over to them, pulling them apart. “Guys, guys…” I looked at Zayn, “Zayn I’m disappointed in you. Cover your stump before you hump.” I said. 

The three of us burst out laughing. “Right, sorry Emery. I’ll make sure I wrap it up next time.” Zayn said smiling at me. 

“And try not to do it in the middle of the hallway.” 

“No problem.” 

“Thank you, that’s all I ask. Now c’mon, you guys are walking me to lunch.” I linked my arm through Lexi’s and she linked her arm through Zayn’s. We walked into the lunchroom, like the three musketeers. Zayn broke off from us to go sit at the table with Nolan, Zack, and all those other guys while Lexi and I went to the lunch line. Not wanting to pig out, I just grabbed a jello and a bottle of water. Lexi got a slice of pizza and a can of soda. “Not hungry, Em?” she asked.