Chapter 21: Prisoner*

dont really like this chapter very much it was just kind of a filler for the next chapter. 

I squinted my eyes open as I looked around. What happened? Where was I? I quickly sat up from the floor as I remembered Jake. But I don’t remember ending up in this room. 

“Confused?” My head snapped to the left when I saw Jake come into view. I didn’t say anything as I just looked at him. “Scared?” He began advancing towards me, making me scoot farther away from him with each step. I continued moving away when my back suddenly hit a wall, stopping me from moving anywhere. He smiled as he reached me, squatting down so that we were face to face. “Emery, baby, you don’t have to be scared.” he cooed, cupping my cheek in his hand. I turned my head away, making his hand drop from my face. He sighed, “Baby don’t be like that. I’m just trying to be nice.” 

“Don’t call me baby.” I hissed. “How are you helping me? By acting like a fucken psychopath and almost r…” 

“Don’t call me that!” he barked as he grabbed my face in his hand, stopping me from talking. “I am helping you. I’m keeping you away from Nolan, now you won’t have to worry about him hurting you anymore. You can stay here with me. I’ll never hurt you.” he smiled. He let my face go and stood back up. “Aren’t you wondering where you are?” 

“Maybe.” I said.  

“Well you’re in my room under the basement.” 

I stared at him. “Why am I in the basement under your basement?” 

“So that you won’t escape silly. Can’t have you running away from me.” 

“So you’re holding me prisoner here?!” I shrieked. 

“I like to think of it more as a permanent guest.” he said smiling. “I mean when your prisoner you don’t get all the things that you have here.” He walked over to the other side of the room where there was a huge bed. “You have a nice comfortable bed.” He then walked over to another part of the room. He opened up the door and flicked on the light. “A small kitchen, and a bathroom over there.” he smiled. “It’s kind of like a smaller apartment.” 

I continued staring at him. “And you’re making me stay here?” 

He chuckled lightly, “Not making you, you’re clearly staying here by choice.” I laughed at the fact that he thought I was willingly staying with him. He frowned, “What’s funny?” 

“J-just the fact that you think I wanna be here with you.” I stopped laughing as I noticed his face get darker and his frown deepen. 

He growled as his eyes darkened and he stalked over to me. I tried to back away but the wall was stopping me. He grabbed a fistful of my hair, pulling me up to my feet. I screamed as I grabbed onto his hand, trying to pull it from my hair. He pulled my head to the side and his growled. “Don’t. Make. Me. Angry.”