Epilogue*

picture of Hunter on the side, awwwww so cute!!!! 

                                       8 YEARS LATER  

                                            EMERY POV 

“Ugh, Hunter!” I screamed. “Stop it, you’re going to break som…” I began but was cut off when the lamp that was sitting on the table was knocked over, shattering into a million little pieces. I huffed as I realized that screaming wasn’t going to work. I grabbed the broom and dustpan from the closet and swept up all the broken glass, throwing it into the trash. I then threw them back into the closet. 

I stood leaning against the counter as I drank my coffee. There was no point in trying to get him to calm down. Once he started up, that was it. 

“What’s going on in here?” Nolan’s voice boomed as he walked into the scene which was playing out. 

“You’re son over here broke our brand new lamp.” I said. 

Nolan laughed, shrugging it off. We had grown used to Hunter’s craziness and his capacity to break everything in the house. Hunter ran over to where Nolan was standing. He bent down and scooped him up into his arms, spinning him around. “Mommy said that you broke her lamp. Is that true?” 

Hunter looked over to me before turning back to Nolan. “No daddy, she telling a stowy.” he whispered unsuccessfully because I heard every word. 

I laughed under my breath. He was always placing w’s in his words. “She is? Well then she’s in big trouble, daddy will have to punish her later.” Nolan looked up and winked at me. “Now calm down so we can sit down and eat breakfast, ok?” 

“Yes daddy.” 

Nolan carried Hunter into the kitchen, sitting him down at the table. He walked over to where I was standing and puckered his lips, waiting for me to kiss him. I met his lips with mine, still feeling those amazing electric sparks go through me the same as they did eight years ago. “Good morning baby doll.” 

“Morning cookie monster. Breakfast?” 

“Yes please!” Nolan said excitedly as he skipped to the table like a little girl, sitting down next to Hunter. I prepared them both a plate. Nolan’s loaded with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and toast. Hunter’s had only bacon and toast as he despised pancakes and eggs for some reason. I walked over to the table, setting their plates down in front of each of them. They both murmured thank you’s as they began eating.