Chapter 4: Asshole*

NOLAN’S POV 

I drove off with a huge grin plastered on my face. She knows she wants me, she just doesn’t want to admit it. But I’m cool with convincing her. That means more fun I get to have. I just hope that she doesn’t get all clingy and start thinking that were gonna be a thing or something. Were mates, but that’s all. I’m not gonna change anything about myself or my life for her. Besides, she doesn’t even believe that I’m her mate. So her becoming some crazy girlfriend clingy stalker probably isn’t likely. But that’s good. 

Before I knew it I was pulling up to my house. I sighed, should be fun telling my mom and dad that I found my mate. I got out of my car and walked into my house. “Mom, Dad…” I yelled. “You guys home?” 

“Were in the kitchen.” I heard my dad say. 

I laid my keys down on the table before walking into the kitchen. My mom was leaning on the counter while my dad sat on a stool. “Hey guys… I have something I wanna tell…” 

“You found your mate!” my mom screamed as she ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. 

“Uh yeah, how did you know?” I unwound her arms from me. 

“I’m you mother Nolan! I know everything about you! So what’s her name? What’s she like? Is she pretty? How did you meet? Did you mark her?” 

“Whoa mom, slow down! One question at a time.” 

“Yeah honey, come sit down and let Nolan tell us what happened.” my dad said. My mom huffed before walking over to one of the stools next to my dad. “Ok son, go on, tell us.” 

“Ok. I saw her at school this morning. I walked her to class blah blah blah, then I offered to drive her home. I kissed her and it felt like my body was on fire! I walked her up to her door and her dad came out and…” 

“Did he threaten you or something?” my dad asked. 

“No no… he was actually really cool, her mom too. They invited me in the house and we talked. Then we ordered pizza. It was really fun.” I smiled. 

“So what about your mate? What’s she like?” my mom asked. 

“Oh yeah! She is gorgeous! She has dark hair and the most amazing brown eyes ever. Her name’s Emery.” 

“Oh my god! I wanna meet her! When are you gonna bring her over?” 

“I don’t know mom. Maybe not for a while. She doesn’t even think I’m her real mate.” 

“What?!” both my parents said in unison.