Chapter 23: True Savior*

dedicated to @_Anonymous. no more waiting =)                       

                                                                               NOLAN’S POV 

My paws pounded the ground over and over again as I pushed myself to run as fast as I could. My anger, want, need, was fueling me. It had been too long and I needed to find Emery now. 

Zayn had caught a whiff of Emery’s scent earlier and we had been following it for the past 20 minutes. It looked as if we were running through endless miles of the forest, but the further we went the stronger Emery’s scent was. I pushed myself even harder. I was desperate to find her. I hadn’t eaten, showered, or slept these last eight days. My health wasn’t the best right now. But if I didn’t find Emery I would surely get worse. I didn’t doubt that I could possibly die without her. 

Nolan, slow down. Zack said through our mind link. You can’t push yourself like this. 

I ignored him as I continued running, my tongue lolling out of my mouth. Everyone else in the pack was pushing themselves to try and keep up with me. 

I skidded to halt as I suddenly came through a break in the trees. Everyone else behind me stopped also. Emery’s scent was all around this area, she was here somewhere and I was going to find her. 

I looked around until my eyes landed on the large house that sat right in the middle of the clearing. A car was parked in front of the house so someone was in there. 

What do you wanna do Nolan? Zayn asked. 

As I was about to respond a piercing screamed filled the air. Emery, Emery! I’m coming! I yelled inside my head. I raced over to the house and barreled through the glass door, making glass rain everywhere. I scanned the area as all the other wolves piled in behind me. 

“Ugh, Jake don’t! Please, don’t do this!” Emery screamed out. My head snapped towards the floor, as it sounded as if they were in the basement. 

Basement. I mind linked to everyone. I walked around looking for the door that lead down there. I quickly found it but it was rather small. I switched into my human form, along with Zack, Zayn, and my friend Mark. 

I slammed the door open, making a large dent appear in the wall. I stormed down the steps. “Emery?!” I yelled. I looked around the room but it was empty. There were a few boxes scattered around but except for that the room was barren. “What the fuck?!” I yelled as I kicked over the stack of boxes that was near me.