Baby

Friday...

You woke up. There was three things you knew for sure. One, you were pregnant. Two, almost all your friends would be proposed to, or married before you. Three, you wanted to spend the rest of your life with Thomas. You got up, and called the doctor. "Hi, I'm (Y/N). I recently took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was wondering if I could set up an appointment..... No, I don't live in New York, I go to college here...... Tomorrow sound great! 2:00 p.m...... Great! See you then," Just then, you heard a flush. You tried to grab the cereal, and get yourself a bowl. As you were trying to reach it, an arm reached over you. "Need help, shorty?" Thomas said. "Shut. The. FUCK! Up," you said, violently taking the box from him. "Wow, is the moodiness of being pregnant kicking in already?" he asked. "Thomas fucking Jefferson, I have punched you once before, I WILL do it again," you snapped. He put his arms up in defeat. He grabbed the milk for you, and set it on the counter. you got yourself a bowl. You ate pretty fast. You plopped on the couch, and turned the T.V. on. You turned the news on, just to see whats new. There was something about a new Broadway show. You loved Broadway. The show was called Miranda. You had to leave for class soon. As you were watching, you got the sudden urge to vomit. You ran to the bathroom. It wasn't long before Thomas was in there with you. He was rubbing your back. After you were finally done, you looked at Thomas. "We have to get to class," you said. "No, you are going to bed," he said. "I have to go to class. I have to tell the teachers," you complained. "You still haven't!? Tell them tomorrow. You need to rest," he said. "I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Given the fact that you are the dad, I need you there. Neither of us can miss today," you stated. You gave him puppy-dog eyes. "Ugh, why do you have to be so cute!? Fine, but if you feel the least bit sick, you are going home. Got it?" he said. You nodded. He helped you get ready, then helped you to class. 

You and Thomas walked into class holding hands. You walked up to Mr. Washington. "Mr. Washington, can I talk to you privately?" you asked. "Of course. After class, stay late," he said with a smile. You smiled and nodded. You returned to your seat. Today, was the debate. Mr. Washington held off on it while people were in Monticello. He waited four days, so those people could catch up. Now, it was time. Mr. Washington stepped in front of the class. "Ladies and Gentle men! You could have been anywhere in the world today, but you're hear with us in New York City! Are you ready for a cabinet meeting?" he said. There was cheering. "Alright! The issue on the table: Secretary Hamilton's plan to assume state debt and establish a national bank. Secretary Jefferson, you have the floor, sir," he gave Thomas permission to speak. He looked at you. You smiled, crossed your arms and mouthed the words "You're going down," He smirked. "Never," he mouthed. Then he began. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We fought for these ideals; we shouldn't settle for less. These are wise words, enterprising men quote them. Don't act surprised, you guys, cause I wrote them, but Hamilton forgets, his plan would have the government assume state's debts. Now, place your bets as to who that benefits: The very seat of government where Hamilton sits" he was interrupted. "Not true!" Alex argued. "Ooh, if the shoe fits, wear it. If New York's in debt, why should Virginia bear it? Uh, our debts are paid, I'm afraid. Don't tax the South cause we got it made in the shade. In Virginia, we plant seeds in the ground, we create. You just wanna move our money around. This financial plan is an outrageous demand, and it's too many damn pages for any man to understand. Stand with me in the land of the free, and pray to God we never see Hamilton's candidacy. Look, when Britain taxed our tea, we got frisky, imagine what's going to happen when you try to tax our whisky," he finished. "Thank you, Secretary Jefferson. Secretary Hamilton, your response," Mr. Washington said. "Thomas. That was a real nice declaration. Welcome to the present, we're running a real nation. Would you like to join us, or stay mellow, doing whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello? If we assume the debts, the union gets: A new line of credit, a financial diuretic. How do you not get it? If we're aggressive and competitive, the union gets a boost. You'd rather give it a sedative? A civics lesson from a slaver. Hey neighbor, your debts are paid cause you don't pay for labor. 'We plant seeds in the South. We create,' Yeah, keep ranting, we know who's really doing the planting. And another thing, Mr. Age of Enlightenment, don't lecture me about the war, you didn't fight in it. You think I'm frightened of you, man? We almost died in the trench. While you were off getting high with the French. Thomas Jefferson, always hesitant with the President. Reticent—there isn't a plan he doesn't jettison. Madison, you're mad as a hatter, son, take your medicine. Damn, you're in worse shape than the national debt is in. Sitting there useless as two shits. Hey, turn around, bend over, I'll show you where my shoe fits!" Alex debated. "Excuse me , Jefferson, take a walk! Hamilton, take a walk! We'll reconvene after a brief recess. Hamilton!" Mr. Washington said. "Sir!" Alex responded. "A word," Mr Washington asked then walked out of the room. Thomas and Mads walked up to him and said something you couldn't hear. Somewhere in there Thomas Laughed. That was all you heard. Alex then left the room. After a short amount of time, Mr. Washington walked back in. Alex followed. Alex took his seat next to you, and put his head down. Mr. Washington opened his mouth to speak but the bell went off. Everyone left except for you. "So, what did you want to talk about?" Mr. Washington asked. "Well, this may be kind of weird, you know, because I'm your student. Anyway, I'm pregnant," you said. He looked at you, but contained no surprise, or shock on his face. "Ok. Thank you for telling me," he said. "You're not surprised?" you asked confused. "As I have told you before, Alex talks... a lot," he said. You could feel the heat rise to your cheeks. "W-what has he told you?" you asked, nervous to find out. He looked at you very seriously. "Everything," he said. Knew what you were going to do at lunch.