Healing

Newt's POV
We all sat around Jeanne's hospital bed. I was relaying the story of the Obscurus and what happened to Jeanne while she sleepily listened from the comfort of the sheets.

There was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," said Queenie.

It was Jeanne's doctor followed by another female doctor. "This is the owl veterinarian," he announced. "Ornithologist, Dr. Monna."

Dr. Monna smiled politely. "I'm here to fix Jeanne's broken wings," she said. I stood up and shook her hand as did the others.

"I suppose we'll have to be leaving the room now," said Jacob.

"Yes," she said. "I've looked over the images of where her wings are broken. It's a simple procedure, though I never performed it on such a large set of wings." Dr. Monna walked closer to Jeanne and shook her hand. "They're truly magnificent," she said.

"Thank you," Jeanne said quietly.

"So, if you could just step out for a minute," said the doctor. "Should be no longer than fifteen minutes."

~~~

Jeanne spent the next week in the hospital, healing.

I came to visit her everyday, of course. And by came to visit I mean I slept in my case by her beside, sneaking out for visiting hours.

My creatures seemed to miss her too, especially the Occamies.

But, by the end of the week, Jeanne was able to sit up on her own, which was a big improvement. I still wasn't allowed to hug her, though.

Madam Piquery personally came to greet me and Jeanne in the hospital, thanking us for apprehending Graves. She said that MACUSA was strained with all the No-Majs they had to Obliviate.

Then I remembered that the essence of my Swooping Evil could remove recent bad memories

Then I remembered that the essence of my Swooping Evil could remove recent bad memories. It was worth a shot. But how could I distribute it over so many people?

"Frank, my Thunderbird could take the vial," I explained to Madam Piquery. "He can cause it to rain, therefore distributing it and Obliviating any Muggle, No-Maj, with bad memories of magic."

"When can it be done?" Piquery asked.

"Right now, if you really want," I responded.

Madam Piquery nodded. "Lets go to the roof."

I stood up from my chair, glancing over at Jeanne who had fallen asleep. She was exhausted from her daily healing which I heard can be rather painful.

Madam Piquery was already at the door. "Aren't you coming, Mr. Scamander?"

"Yes, sorry," I said, giving Jeanne a quick peck on the forehead.

I grabbed my case and followed Madam Piquery to the roof.

"Mr. Scamander, if this works I will be granting you and your friends a full pardon," she said.

"Well, let's hope this works," I said.

I flipped the latches and opened the case. Suddenly a burst of golden feathers sprang from the small leather box. Frank flapped down towards me and nuzzled my shoulder.

"Take this," I said, handing him the vial of Swooping Evil essence. "You're free to go, Frank. Just make it storm, one last time." He screeched, soaring. As he flew up out of eyesight, the clouds darkened.

"C'mon," I said, ducking inside

"C'mon," I said, ducking inside. The rain will work on us too."

I walked down inside, back to Jeanne's room. She was sitting upright, reading something.

"What do you have there?" I asked. She jumped slightly. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

Jeanne shook her head. "I'm reading your manuscript," she said. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

"Oh, that's not finished yet," I said sheepishly.

"It's pretty good," Jeanne said. "How many of those "Danger X's would you rate me?"

"What?" I asked.

"Danger X's," she repeated. "You know, one to five X's depending on the danger level."

"Oh," I thought for a moment. "Two or three," I said. "Three when angry."

She laughed. I loved her laugh. But she broke into coughing fit again.

"Hey, hey," I said, sitting on the side of her bed. "You, my love, need rest," I said, pulling my unfinished book from her. I stood up and set the book back on the nightstand. I pulled the blankets up over her small figure. She curled her soft wings around me from the bed as they were freshly healed.
She was hugging me the only way she could.

I leaned down and kissed her softly, her eyes fluttering closed. "Rest," I said.

She wrapped her wings around herself, falling asleep.

I kissed her forehead, gently brushing her cheek.

And with that, I stepped back down into my case to get some rest myself. Just before I went down inside, I looked up at her sleeping form.

She looked peaceful, beautiful

"Goodnight," I said softly.