chapter thirty

unleash

       Yep.  She still hated it when she was right.

       Ever since Frey touched her and Kellum, her eyes had gone wide.  That was before Dezrick and Pensley joined the party.

       Kell wasn't lying.  He wanted to hurt someone.  Mostly he wanted to punch him repeatedly in the face.  A faceless face.

       Now they were all looking at her like she broke him.  Maybe she had.

       "Okay, calm down.  This isn't a big deal.  Kell, take a deep breath."

       "Will that help?"

       "Sure."  She showed him how to do it.  "Take a few.  Don't think about anything upsetting.  It's gone."

       "It is not."

       "It is.  Take another deep breath.  Let all the stress go."  She started kneading his shoulders.

       "What are you doing?"  Pensley asked.

       "My uncle used to do this for my aunt whenever she was stressed.  Another deep breath, Kell."

       She leaned down so she could whisper in his ear.  "Look, big boy, you need to calm down.  The natives are going to get restless and vote us off the island if you don't."

       He turned his head just a little to look at her. 

       Life would be simpler if he didn't do that.

       Fray and Pensley were still touching Kell so she didn't have to see the screen up above.  The flashes were in her head.  Embarrassing and personal wrapped up with a bow.  "Why don't we end on that."

       "What was_____."

       "What was that?  I have never felt anything like that."

       Frey's face was covered in awe.  Pensley looked less awed.  He was looking at her like she was a witch.

       "I'm not surprised.  Frey honey, good luck with that."

       "Kellum, the advisors would like to see you and the human Jessalynn immediately."

       Just fucking great.  "Dezrick, you better thank God you don't have an ass I can kick.  I don't care if you have a voice of a guy or not, to me you'll always be a bitch."

       "Jessalynn, language."

       She turned on him.  "Stop telling me that, it pisses me off.  Why would I want to meet with your advisors?  Did once and I didn't care for them."

       Jess could see he wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

       "It will be fine.  I told you that this was important.  We need to discuss the feelings I am picking up from you."

       "Try again, bud.  Those are all you."

       He had his hand on her arm guiding her where he wanted her. 

       "I'm getting tired of getting all the blame.  I'm not the one who wanted to beat a man to a pulp."

       "We will talk about him at a later date.  Be civil.  Address them like you would your president."

       "Never met one of them and don't want to meet any of these."

       "We cannot refuse a summons.  Not yet."